Popup Ads?

Well, I do see my pop-up blocker alert at this site pretty regularly. In fact, it just beeped at me again...

Just switched to the very expensive norton 360, had to uninstall ZoneAlarm...

I never get them here. I think you have outside interferance. I actualy am seeing a lot of "This page cannot be displayed" where banner ads are suppose to go. I wonder if CFC is losing advertisers.

I thought maybe you were proposing a new Wonder for the game. First the Internet, followed by Pop-Up Ads.

I thought maybe you were proposing a new Wonder for the game. First the Internet, followed by Pop-Up Ads.

Thank you, you have made me laugh first thing in the morning, and I appreciate that lmao

LOL. It should be a random event. And when it trigers, have like 8 boxes popup that all say the same thing:

YOur civilization has been downloading too much pr0n. Pop-ups have plagued your databases.

Keep downloading the pr0n!!!
:::+1 :) for X turns:::
Buy alot of pop-up blockers. We must download the pr0n responsibly.
:::Subtract 200 :gold: from treasury:::
:::+ 1000 :beakers: towards current tech:::
Higher experts to keep our servers state of the art and immune to the download transmitted diseases (DTDs)!
:::Subtract 450 :gold: from treasury:::
:::All Engineers provide +1 :science: in all cities:::

Problem solved.

I've seen a lot of them too lately. It's weird, before like three days ago I never got them here.

Well I'm running Opera. There are no popups, nor are there any listed in Opera's Blocked Popup List. So theres something else afflicting ya'll :)
That's my guess too, since Firefox doesn't signal it has blocked any pop-ups when I visit here.

"Your entire Civ has been downloading..." lmao

I've seen a lot of them too lately. It's weird, before like three days ago I never got them here.

Exactly, like very recently. Moderator info?
(Should I report my own post, just to attract a Mod response, he wonders? :lol:)

I have no idea where your pop-ups come from guys, but my firefox is also completely silent on the issue. Perhaps a thorough check for malware is in order?

Moderator Action: Site Feedback would have been the best place for this kind of question, so I'll move it there.

but my firefox is also completely silent on the issue. Perhaps a thorough check for malware is in order?

Firefox is your friend, especially if you use the Adblock extension. You also need to check your system as oranges says.

If you get a pop up ad, take a screenshot of the banner ads at the top and bottom of the cfc page you were looking at and post them in a thread in Site Feedback.

Moderator Action: Site Feedback would have been the best place for this kind of question, so I'll move it there.

Firefox is your friend, especially if you use the Adblock extension. You also need to check your system as oranges says.

No Firefox, just IE; am re-running Ad-Aware and Norton 360 scans as I type. Zero results so far, but will let you know...

Top Bottom