[NFP] Portugal Reveal Video Discussion

Duke William of Normandy

King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Okay... Not what we expected from Portugal, but I like the uniqueness of it. :D

Free Trade Routes from meeting a new Civilization, a University that benefits from settling near Water, no Trade Routes with inland Cities, this is pretty good.

upload_2021-3-18_16-6-59.png

Mali upon Sea.

Pretty much S Tier on naval maps, especially with the Navigation School which can provide a *tonne* of science on Island Plates / Archipelago.

But they’re gonna struggle on other map scripts, especially Pangaea and Lakes, where almost all of their bonuses can’t even come into effect.

I'm usually pretty supportive of Civ VI's artstyle, but Joao just... just really doesn't work for me.

He looks... bad.
Is it just me, or are those new animations I see?

That leader ability is kinda ridiculous really. Imagine you play on like a large or huge archipelago map and just send out some early galleys to explore. You're gonna have 10+ trade routes by the classical era already, all with boosted range and income. It's a crazy jump in income from quite early in the game. Seems like a snowball civ

I'm usually pretty supportive of Civ VI's artstyle, but Joao just... just really doesn't work for me.

He looks... bad.
Wow, I actually came here to say the exact opposite. He's probably one of the best-looking NFP leaders, leagues and leagues better than Kublai Khan. You'd think they were made by different dev teams!

The devs weren't kidding when they said new strategies would be used. I'm glad that the Civilization design for the NFP has a strong end.

Wow, I actually came here to say the exact opposite. He's probably one of the best-looking NFP leaders, leagues and leagues better than Kublai Khan. You'd think they were made by different dev teams!

I'll be fair, I like his outfit and the detailing. All of it is obviously very well made.

Something about the face though... I don't know. Looks off. Maybe its the rosiness of his face? His lips? His oddly curved nose? The strange rectangular shape of it? I can't pin it down but there's something that is unsettling.

Top Bottom