Possible Celtic Bug

ahawk

King
Just finished a game as Celts where I made it to 1870 AD before winning with a Domination victory, and a funny thing happened.

As I was mopping up against Denmark, I brought in a few battleships to bombard his land units. Lo and behold, when they destroyed a land unit, a little white number appeared at the end of the damage tally that occurs above the dead unit. This didn't happen when my infantry killed their Norwegian Ski Inf.

The only thing I can think is that, because Denmark was the last capital I needed to take, maybe there's a wonder that gives Faith for naval combat kills only? I have to be honest and say I don't know what all wonders I even had by then, but I had a lot from taking other AI capitals.

I checked the religious beliefs, and my original religion did not have God of War, though one of the capitals I took that had founded a religion may have had it. Regardless, even if I did have God of War, I don't think I was getting Faith on the kills my land units made, which were adjacent to the naval bombardment kills. Moreover, the amount of faith I got was huge (like 17 Faith per kill, which is more like the Pictish Warrior bonus that factors enemy strength than the basic 4 Faith per kill for God of War). And despite not being a Deity level player, I know that none of my battleships could upgrade from a Pictish Warrior :D !

Sorry I can't be more specific, and if it happens again I'll take a screenshot, but has anyone else seen this happen, or does anyone have a logical explanation for it?

I've had the same sorta thing happen to me. I DID have God of War, but my swords were racking up faith from 8 or 9 tiles away.

Found an autosave of that game and loaded it, didn't get the problem again. Either I was wrong, or saving-exiting-reloading is a solution for whatever the problem was.

Following Ockem's Razor, I'll assume I was wrong for now, as that's the simplest explanation :)

Found an autosave of that game and loaded it, didn't get the problem again. Either I was wrong, or saving-exiting-reloading is a solution for whatever the problem was.

Following Ockem's Razor, I'll assume I was wrong for now, as that's the simplest explanation :)

I disagree. I was having a problem the other day accessing my Espionage and Social Policy screens from the big buttons on the top-right of the UI. I saved-exited-reloaded and the problem went away. I'm willing to believe you.

Top Bottom