Possible test for Quantum Gravity

betazed

Seeking...
After all those mind wracking complexities of civilizational war and what not something much simpler...

It seems a few physicists are proposing that we can now look for experimental evidence of a quantum gravity theory. The story is here. The actual paper is here.

This is not a test for string theory since this approach of unification is completely different. Its called Loop Quantum Gravity.

btw, there is an on-going experimental setup to test String Theory too it seems. Looks like we are closing in on experimental/observational science here and not just math gimmicks. :thumbsup:

Good gravy.

Sometimes I forget how big science is. I'm steeped in science every day, yet I have no real idea how this stuff works. It's nearly another language for me.

I don't know If I am prepared to see a naked singularity.... :lol:

I downloaded the paper, For a moment I thought It was the galleys of an article, but then I saw that there is no line numbers. Is is published on paper yet?

I will read it when I have time. I'll see if I can understand something

Urederra said:
I downloaded the paper, For a moment I thought It was the galleys of an article, but then I saw that there is no line numbers. Is is published on paper yet?

I will read it when I have time. I'll see if I can understand something

You can download it as a pdf file. Arxiv says that it is a published paper published is Physical Review Letters.

I have already downloaded the pdf, and there are some letters and the date printed across, which seemed strange to me.

There is no legend after the abstract saying when the paper was sent to the editor and when it was accepted. (most papers I read have them) and the page numbers starts with 1, with is also strange, since papers are published in journals, I expected to see page 630 or so... Unless it is the first article of the year.

Cool. I was fasinated by Loop Quantum Gravity from when I first read about it, even though I did not understand a thing about it. (other than how space is discrete and changes over time).

I'll be sure to read the paper when I have time, but there's a good chance I won't understand that either.

Top Bottom