Post Short Single Player Tips Here

Sometimes, I build improvements for a while, and then do a "settler rush". That is, making (at least) most of your cities produce settlers, and then go back to improvments

Granaries are the most important buildings in the very start of the game. make settelers faster to produce. If possible. build the Pyramids when you have the chance.

Granaries are the most important buildings in the very start of the game. make settelers faster to produce. If possible. build the Pyramids when you have the chance.

Granaries are important, sure, but it's important not to go overboard. They're only needed for your settler/worker pumps, really. But for Pyramids, I always heard it another way around. AVOID the Pyramids unless you're absolutely certain you will get it and there's virtually no other better Wonders left to build. Many a rookie has fallen into the pitfall of starting the Pyramids right after founding their third city.

--Zibong

I think it depends on what type of Victory Condition you're going for.

For example, if you're an HOFer and you want to go for the highest score on a Standard map size or larger, it's a good strategy to use MapFinder to get your maps, be the first AI to discover say Alphabet, get a Scientific Great Leader and rush The Pyramids! ;)

So for me in Histographic Top-Scoring games, The Pyramids are a must, even on 60% Water Archipelago. :)

I think it depends on what type of Victory Condition you're going for.

For example, if you're an HOFer and you want to go for the highest score on a Standard map size or larger, it's a good strategy to use MapFinder to get your maps, be the first AI to discover say Alphabet, get a Scientific Great Leader and rush The Pyramids! ;)

So for me in Histographic Top-Scoring games, The Pyramids are a must, even on 60% Water Archipelago. :)
Do you restart if you do not get that SGL? That would be painful, but I guess necessary to stay in contention for a high spot.

Exactly...........it's about a 3% chance of getting an SGL with the Mayans, my preferred High-Score civ. Thanks to MapFinder, there are plenty of good maps. IMO, if you want a #1 score to Stand The Test Of Time, you shoot for an SGL at the first tech advance, even if it means invoking your Golden Age. ;)

Granaries are important, sure, but it's important not to go overboard. They're only needed for your settler/worker pumps, really. But for Pyramids, I always heard it another way around. AVOID the Pyramids unless you're absolutely certain you will get it and there's virtually no other better Wonders left to build. Many a rookie has fallen into the pitfall of starting the Pyramids right after founding their third city.

--Zibong

Thats what you think. It works for me. I have the city with the most shields build the Pyramid. And other cities obviously build settlers. when i get the chance. i build workers to improve Pyramid City. works like a charm. you just need a stradegy:goodjob:

Well what you want to do is for your first like 15 cities build this IN THIS ORDER!!! 1) Barraks (did i spell that right???) 2) spearmen 3) settler. and of course once those things r built in ur cities u can continue with like temples and stuff, but doing that will grant u a huge early city count lead. Have Fun!!!!:)

Welcome to CFC StrategistIII. :band: :beer: [party]

I think you'll find that the build order in cities depends primarily on what kind of Victory condition you are aiming for and what difficulty level you are playing.

And......everybody has their own playing style. :)

P.s. BARRACKS.

Capturing the Great Library before you have education, but after the AIs have gone well beyond Education also gets you those techs beyond Education. In a recent game I played, it got me techs through Democracy!
I knew it would get techs on other paths, but thought it would quit on the tree paths beyond Education.

milr, i dont uderstand this one, as soon as The Great Library gets you Education, it stops getting you techs. How is it possible to get Democracy!?

Aabraxan, but i still dont understand, if the two civilizations have for example that Democracy, that means they also have learned Education, and what will The Library bring me first - Education or Democracy!?

You will learn Education and Democracy "at the same time"! Technically, you will learn Education before Democracy.......But, you will not take back control of the game until you have been given ALL the techs the 2 AIs have discovered.........After that turn, you won't receive any more free techs. :)

Oh, right.. Ok, it's just it never been happen' to me like this! :)

Oh, right.. Ok, it's just it never been happen' to me like this! :)

There's a tric kthat involves building TGL, holding it as long as possible, then gifting it and doing no research. When you see the other civs building railroads and such, declare war and take that one city back that you gifted to a civ, and BAM! You jump forward two ages. There's a really good story that used it, "SirPleb going for Sid". Good read, too.

Speaking of SirPleb & Single Player Tips: Read EVERY Post SirPleb has written! :)

Top Bottom