Post your tourny results here! :)

Shall we make it 4 games 2 white, 2 black? I
'm going to be in vancouver for a couple of weeks from this weekend, but ready to play when i get back.

Shall we make it 4 games 2 white, 2 black? I
'm going to be in vancouver for a couple of weeks from this weekend, but ready to play when i get back.
Looking forward to watching the clash (clashes rather) of the titans when you return! :D

Hey, our 2 finalists are known. Not surprising, to say the least. ;) This will be interesting. Best of luck to both of you !!

And just for the benefit of the audience watching at home, how about staging the finals on QA and posting when they begin, so we can follow along?
:goodjob:

If one of the finalists will start a new thread when the matches begin that'd be great! Or someone else can start one (not yet though, wait until col gets back).

I'm back and have set the games up.

Let battle commence and may the best player win.

Hadn't noticed. ;)
Guess I have to publish our game from this tournament with extensive notes then...:mischief:

Bah. Ten bucks says your two different openings transpose into the same opening. ;)

That is not up to me to decide for the moment, but I think you might be wrong.
And anyway don't blame me. I am the underdog in this match and the least I should do is to try to chose the best terrain available for the battle.
I see but little merit in inviting to a dance in the Sicilian Dragon (which I didn't analyze since I wrote an article about it in 1985) and wind up as a pretty corpse around move 35...

Bah. Ten bucks says your two different openings transpose into the same opening. ;)

I'll take that bet!

Having done a bit of research, I know Luce favours the French defense. I'm playing two different systems as white - as planned!
Somehow I thought Luce might avoid the Dragon since I've won a few spectacular games in it and know it pretty well ;)

I'll take that bet!
You just won it.
But punkbass should be happy anyway, he now gets four quite different games.

Having done a bit of research, I know Luce favours the French defense. I'm playing two different systems as white - as planned!

Yes, there shouldn't exactly be any secret that I am partial to that fine opening. I also notice that I was served a KIA, which might be interesting.
I myself also expected 1...e5 and 1... Nf6 in reply to my opening moves, so we should both be quite happy then, I guess.:lol:

Somehow I thought Luce might avoid the Dragon since I've won a few spectacular games in it and know it pretty well ;)

True. It would be more than silly of me, who almost never play 1.e4 ("I never do a mistake in the opening" - Ernst Grünfeld), to engage in a theory duel in one of the sharpest opening line there is against a strong and knowledgeable opponent.

I also am not going to play down a sharp French line against someone who who knows it a lot better than me.

One of the aims of the opening is to get the kind of position you're comfortable with. As a dragon player, the KIA plays like a closed sicilian a lot of the time.

Top Bottom