Postcounts: To to or not to be?

Should we keep postcounts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gelion

Retired Captain
Should we have postcounts displayed in threads?
I think as this is an issue that affects everyone we need to get opinion of a lot of people to decide whats best :).

But we can at least find out what people think, can't we?

I can't beleive TF caved to those whiners.

h4ppy said:
I can't beleive TF caved to those whiners.

ditto.

*filler, the only idea that really has cut down on spam*

Maybe he should give to you whiners now!
Anyway, until i get an obscene post count, i see no reason to bring it back.

The Person said:
As I said (rephrased), TF is getting a clear message.

Personally I don't really care. I miss them right now, but I'll get used to doing without them in a week.

wel I suppose that th epoint- to do the exact opposite then have a tiny group of posters whien and complain for several years ot have post counts removed by showing a larger, clearer, and more resolved movment showing that the general populace likes thier post counts.

(in response to what others will say in the future of this argument, and has been said somwhat already)
weather or not this site is a democracy is th emost irrevlivent fact that has ever been bestowed- without the contributors and charaicters of this forum, it woudl be nothing.

My god, I've never seen so many adults act like children before.

Oh wait! I once saw the parliment channel, I guess it's a tie. :)

ironic, considerign that the advocates for post count removal have been doing little more then whineing over the issue for years- and now that you have it, it apperentlly is uunerving for such a rapid re-instament campaign to have cropped so fast, and with such growing support.

how those who want thie rpost counts are acting is not an issue; it never was an issue, and it never will be an issue- all that matters is that is that A)obviouslly enough, its creating far more "spam" then it will ever halt, and not by a seclect group of posters other then I; and seeing as I'm the primary advocate and orginizer, and most all my posts have to deal with the topic, this is excusable; otherwise its just people puttign fourth thier opinion on the matter, saying they too want thie rposts counts back.

moreover, if you and the removal advocates had a righ tto post and whine for who knows how long, then you should hardly critiscize the counter movement, just because a great deal of the posters anrt as ancient as you are, and knowing of internet civility and protocol.

I voted yes but I don't care that much actually. It's simply that I consider the reason to remove it completely silly. If I understood it well, the problem is that postcount is "elitist" ? Please ! Why the Join date isn't elitist then ?

And what about the location ! I guess we should remove the location as it leads people to judge other posters according to their location. And what about titles ? And what about avatars ? etc..

Anyway, I guess that most of us will get used very fast to a CFC board without post counts. It doesn't matter that much honnestly.

Marla_Singer said:
If I understood it well, the problem is that postcount is "elitist" ? Please ! Why the Join date isn't elitist then ?

And what about the location ! I guess we should remove the location as it leads people to judge other posters according to their location. And what about Avatars ? etc...

EXACTLY what i was thinking; to actually combat eletism, your going to have to get rid of all the statisitics, titles and avatars on the forum; and if that happend, the forum woul dloose a great deal of its charm, as all apperent individuality is stamped out; and undersuch conditions, i knwo i for one woudl no longer stay here- and I belive it is the same with many others.

Xen said:
EXACTLY what i was thinking; to actually combat eletism, your going to have to get rid of all the statisitics, titles and avatars on the forum; and if that happend, the forum woul dloose a great deal of its charm, as all apperent individuality is stamped out; and undersuch conditions, i knwo i for one woudl no longer stay here- and I belive it is the same with many others.
You've convinced me. I join the rebellion !

Grohan said:
To be honest I couldn't care less if the PC is visible or not.
So why do you post in this thread then ? To increase your post count ?? :crazyeye: :D

just kiddin' :p

I vote yes, but really I am so thankful that this site doesn't allow crappy animated gifs and "extra features" like getting points for posts and leveling up your character, purchasing crap for your online paper-doll, reputation points, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom