1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Poster clues

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Giskler, Apr 11, 2013.

1. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I wonder if the Motte and Bailey is being introduced into the general game. Maybe a defensive building after a Wall but before a Castle?

I can't identify that top right building... looking around the internet at various images, but haven't found a match yet.

2. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

It looks strikingly similar to many of the French chateaus on the river Loire, as for example the trademark Chambord palace, albeit simplified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Château_de_Chambord

3. ScottMcPwn

ScottMcPwn Huscarl

Tourism is mentioned on that Wiki page.
    High chance for being new wonder me thinks.

4. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

It does look a lot like the link jonbouta posted.

Could this be a clue that all civs are getting a 3rd extra? Maybe the chateau is a new UB being introduced for France?

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

I'm sorry but we've seen the demo for Casimir, it has 2 Uniques, noting more :lol:

6. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

One of the buildings on the poster is clearly a Feitoria (Portugal). The others I am still not sure about.

7. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Ok. If that's a Feitoria, is it a UB or a UI? There is obviously a graphic for it, which they only do for certain buildings: walls, castles, and harbors. So it either replaces one of those or it is a tile improvement. I'd like it to be a UI, but I'm thinking castle replacement at the moment.

8. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Sorry, which one is clearly a Feitoria?

9. Fabiano79

Fabiano79 Prince

10. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

The one at lower right definitely looks like a fortified trading post (as it includes the current trading post graphic element.

This is definitely the Norman Motte & Bailey improvement from the Viking scenario.

Image from the scenario:

This is the shape of the Castle city building, but the details are different.

I don't recognize this guy.

The stuff at upper left is a city and the Mausoleum.

11. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

The top one looks plausible (that's much clearer). I thought it looked like an archaeological site earlier, but I think I'm wrong.

12. Melo-Franco

Melo-Franco Warlord

I remember now, Neuschwanstein is already in. Yet, this last one looks like a(nother) Schloss.

13. MaximusK

MaximusK Warlord

My guess is that this is a caravanserai pointing to a central asian silk road era civilization perhaps the same as the current feather-in-turban leader shadow.

EDIT: More specifically, Shah Abbas, Safavids, Caravanserai UB/UI

14. Petiscator

Petiscator King

What if that castle is actually a fort? I mean, it seems like the trading post turns into that fortified thing, so why can't the forts - which, by the way, most people never build - turn into castles as time passes? Makes sense to me

15. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Doesn't look like Neuschwanstein at all and yes its already in.

Someone posted already here that it looked a famous French Building/Palace, so I am taking their word on it atm since not my expertise

16. JanghanHong

JanghanHong Enrico Trololo

China
    Spain
    America

CSA

17. Muzzway

Muzzway Chieftain

A caravanserai would definitely be an interesting unique tile improvement (presumably replacing the trading post). Perhaps it gives a bonus when built along trade routes?

18. Melo-Franco

Melo-Franco Warlord

Yes, someone mentioned Chambord. But I don't think so: I'd say less renaissance, more romantic.

19. Bobert13

Bobert13 Prince

Heavy
    Sniper
    Assault

HSA

anagram?

Also did anyone look at the XCOM soldier's faces? The one on the right doesn't look like an XCOM soldier to me (I don't have the DLCs with the extra customization options because that's EA-level DLC exploitation IMO so it might be using resources from that...).

P.S.: I heard there's a secret message in the starry background if you hold the poster up to a blacklight, on the full moon, on Friday the 17th, while riding a cow dressed in a tutu.

20. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

The fort on the bottom center appears to be the same as the "city" below Isabella EDIT: Wu to me. Perhaps we will be able to place forts over any terrain improvements? I.e., the upper one is attached to a different TI. The glare makes it hard to see. :(