Poster clues

That white building with the blue roof looks very Eastern European to me. Especially the roof. I've been wiki walking through pictures of palaces in Russia and Kiev. I haven't found it yet, but the architecture is very similar.

Heavy
Sniper
Assault

HSA

anagram?

Also did anyone look at the XCOM soldier's faces? The one on the right doesn't look like an XCOM soldier to me (I don't have the DLCs with the extra customization options because that's EA-level DLC exploitation IMO so it might be using resources from that...).

P.S.: I heard there's a secret message in the starry background if you hold the poster up to a blacklight, on the full moon, on Friday the 17th, while riding a cow dressed in a tutu.

is the cow supposed to be wearing the tutu or am i?

i think the poster itself is a clue. you will be able to build a poster in your cities which gives a tourism bonus. building one in all your cities unlocks the national poster

That white building with the blue roof looks very Eastern European to me. Especially the roof. I've been wiki walking through pictures of palaces in Russia and Kiev. I haven't found it yet, but the architecture is very similar.

I've been investigating this myself.

I think there's a chance it's the Chateau de Chambord in France.

Because of the blue roof, I briefly considered Disneyland's Cinderella Castle, and Harry Potter's Hogwarts. The former might make sense from a Tourism angle; the latter would be nonsensical, but totally awesome. I've summarily dismissed both.

What if that castle is actually a fort? I mean, it seems like the trading post turns into that fortified thing, so why can't the forts - which, by the way, most people never build - turn into castles as time passes? Makes sense to me
It's possible, but Castles are currently buildings, not improvements.

I'm kind of hoping that the Motte and the Castle are modified buildings, rather than improvements. The Motte & Bailey is a nice graphic, but when used as a Fort with a unit actually on top of it, it looks really silly. This castle-looking thing wouldn't look much better. In order to look recent with a unit inside, a Fort has to look pretty much the way the current Fort and Citadels do: that is, essentially a ring around the hex with not much inside.

The other problem I have with souped-up Forts is that the AI doesn't know how to use the forts we already have. The AI will place Citadels just for the territory they grab, but it has no clue that it needs to put a unit one to prevent me from running a cavalry unit in and razing it.

The bottom three look like tile improvements. Perhaps they will be some sort of tourism bonus. Think about it, you take a tour of a foreign country what are some of the most popular sites? Palaces, castles, etc.

Maybe (and this is largely just what I'd want) it is an enhancement to the Great General ability. Extra GG's are often overkill in many games (situational forts for land steal are great, but are... situational). Maybe GG's will throw down a unique fortress tile improvement and later in the game it adds tourism. It would even go along with their philosophy of making culture games more active than passive: A war-monger going for a culture victory could wage war for more GG's which in turn become more of these unique tile improvements for tourism.

I would be happy if the three buildings in the foreground would represent actual tile improvements. I always felt that the current forts are a little bit lackluster and could be enhanced.
As the Motte-and-bailey castle's graphic is already available, I wouldn't be surprised, if this will be the case! :)

Additionally:
We have learned that trade routes must be protected against barbarians and enemy units. The tradingpost/castle-combination (Feitoria?) would fit nicely into this picture. I can only imagine how exactly this could work. Maybe trade-units would "hide" into those tile improvements if enemies are nearby? Maybe the fortifications will have a range attack like cities to actively attack threats?

So far from what I believe, there might be towns or settlements which can either act as trade route enhancements or boarder additions that can potentially dodge unhappiness... potentially leading to colonies, just a thought, not a hope or a wish on my part.

I know it's probably just a reference to XCom but the whole "galaxy" thing immeditely made me think of Alpha Centauri.

I know that Alpha Centauri isn't conquering the galaxy but neither was XCom...

39.9100° N, 116.4000° E
Beijing, Coordinates

40.4000° N, 3.6833° W
Madrid, Coordinates

38.8900° N, 77.0300° W
Washington, D.C., Coordinates

All fall under similar Latitude.
Got curious and subtracted: 116E - (3.6W + 77W ) = 36E

40 N 36 E returns Turkey.

[EDIT] Maybe hinting at Portugal? Lisbon's coordinates: 38.7000° N, 9.1833° W

39.9100° N, 116.4000° E
Beijing, Coordinates

40.4000° N, 3.6833° W
Madrid, Coordinates

38.8900° N, 77.0300° W
Washington, D.C., Coordinates

All fall under similar Latitude.
Got curious and subtracted: 116E - (3.6W + 77W ) = 36E

40 N 36 E returns Turkey.

[EDIT] Maybe hinting at Portugal? Lisbon's coordinates: 38.7000° N, 9.1833° W

Ok, if you are going that outlandish, why don't we draw the average - this returns 39 N and 65 E - which is almost exactly the coordinates of Samarkand, the capital of Tamerlane...

Ok, if you are going that outlandish, why don't we draw the average - this returns 39 N and 65 E - which is almost exactly the coordinates of Samarkand, the capital of Tamerlane...

and if we divide the quatiant and subtract it to the radioactive subparticles contained in each array of numbers produced by the typing of those, which would naturally require us to include the quantum bloop we get the exact coordinates to....the supposed resting place of Atlantis!

i was thinking of alpha centaur when i heard the galaxy part i am suprised that its not so many that have talked about a new alpha centaur.
i am not that good at writing in english. sorry.

Arioch IV:
Do you think that the hint is that a canal connects them all?

I think the "chateau" type building is an Portuguese feitoria.

Yeeaah, I guess it MIGHT be a river if I tilt my head sideways and squirm my eyes a little...

Top Bottom