1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Posts too wide for screen.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by fstrick604, Sep 19, 2009.

1. fstrick604

fstrick604 Chieftain

Sorry, I cannot find the right forum for this question. Some of the posts I read on civfanatics are too wide for my screen. I don't have the patience to scroll left and right for every line. If I buy a bigger monitor would that solve the problem? My resolution is 1024-768 and the screen diagonally measures 15.5". Love the site. Thanks.

2. Turner

Turner Deity Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to site feedback....

It's probably less a screen issue and more a browser issue. At least, when I'm viewing the forums on my laptop that's 1024x768 I don't have any problems doing so.

Is it every post? Or just posts with pics in it?

3. Mise

Mise isle of lucy

If a post has a really long link or a picture that's wider than your screen then yeah you'll have to scroll left or right. But like Turner said it should only happen when there's such a post on the page, and, like Turner, my mum's laptop can view this site fine in 1024x768.

4. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

Try using Opera, it has a "fit to width" function, which will force the page to fit to the width of your monitor.

(Firefox probably has an addon to do the same, but I'm not bothering to look it up.)