1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Unit Stacking?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Ajidica, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

I was looking through GlobalDefines to see if there is an option in there that would resolve a text issue I have been having with my mod and I found this:
    Code:
    <Row Name="PLOT_UNIT_LIMIT">
    <Value>1</Value>
    </Row>
    I'm curious, if this was changed to two, would that allow two units on a tile?
    This seems to be a better compromise then Kael's Legion mod that returns conventional stacks. You are still required to spread out your army so the SoD is avoided, but congestion issues are reduced and there can be some semblance of scale on the map.

2. tmhm11

tmhm11 Chieftain

One sure way to find out - change it to 2 and see what happens. I'm going to try it as soon as I finish here at CivFanatics.

3. MikeJep

MikeJep Chieftain

Tell us if it worked. I suppose the big challenge would be the AI.

4. tmhm11

tmhm11 Chieftain

Changed the value to 2 and started a new game. It seems to work. You can park two units (warrior and scout) on one tile and leave them there! Don't know how it will work on going, but it certainly lifts the one unit limit.:hatsoff:

5. alpaca

alpaca King of Ungulates

That's actually the value that Kael changed in his mod iirc

6. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Was it? I thought he changed something in lua to allow unlimited stacking.

7. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

yep, it was a simple change, i think he put 999 as the value instead of 1.