1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-SysNES2: Beta-testing and Submission

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Disenfrancised, Jan 12, 2012.

1. qoou

qoou Emperor

I don't think they particularly mind one way or another, but erm, is there actual interest here?

I still think this NES is one of the best things I've run across in my life, so rebooting it would be a dream come true.

2. Seon

Seon Not An Evil Liar

Omega124 likes this.
  3. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

4. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Depending on the ruleset, I may or may not be interested if you ran it on either NES or IOT. I'm not picky on the specific subforum.

Not sure if I would if you did it offsite. I do have my frontier account still around but that site's dead, Jim

5. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Although I love SysNES as much as anyone and would play in any project, a few notes:

1) This is dis’ IP and you should get his sign off to use his background and mechanics if possible.

2) Reportedly dis’ reasoning for letting SysNES 2 die was that it was somewhat unsurprisingly hard as balls to update.

If you want something that can run 10+ turns with a decent number of players I would try for something limited to SysNES 1-size in scope.

Personally I would love to see the mechanics turned into a real computer strategy game at some point. But yeah if you keep the system and player count down (no more than 8-10 highly motivated types) there’s no reason you couldn’t make it work.

Come on #nes any time and we’ll talk about it, qoou. Or text/email me.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  6. Anonymoose

Anonymoose KING OF MEESE

what number should we text? or what email should we spam?

7. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Lol my non-medical one - sam.slc@gmail.com

But #nes is still pretty darn active, and I am still running my d&d campaign on there weekends so feel free to hang out there more.