Preparing for a possible invasion.

FREE harbouring BABE?!

What did I miss here?

FREE gave BABE a city on the old GONG continent. Whomp told us about it when he sent the save. The message is in the BABE embassy thread.

Well, a bomber would only scratch a unit if it made a hit and survived our air defenses anyway. They would need more bombers than we have units before bombers would start killing things. Naval bombardment could help them some, but I think it extremely unlikely that they would actually kill even a single unit.

Ok, that makes sense, so thirteen units per city makes them safe. That's better. What about our two one tile islands? They are only garrisoned by a single mech inf in each city. I realize SABER couldn't blitz from either of those but what danger do we face if they were to capture one of these island cities? They could base their bombers there for one thing. If they got their transports in the city and rushed an airport they could funnel units onto our mainland if they got a foot hold.

Free gifted a city to BABE...

I honestly can't believe we got this lucky, as it fits perfect with the message, we sent to Saber about us knowing where Babe was hiding, but wouldn't tell them haha :lol:

Saber are gonna see that Babe has a city now and they will surely try to get a spy on them so they can locate it, or they will just assume that the city is not on Free/Council mainland and that leaves only one place left :)

Now that FREE has stealth bombers our cities and coast are vulnerable to bombing from land based aircraft.

These past few turns we've built nothing but nuke subs and wealth. Are our current forces adequate in light of the new threat or should we start building units again?

No...

Even more than now we need to focus on winning via spaceship before FREE figures out that they might aswell start bombing us. If Free were to start stealth bombing us our only possible respond would be to nuke them. If we were to defend against stealth bombing with regular defences we would need to beef up our air defences beyond the point of ridiculous.

So you are suggesting we do not build more defenses and just make our run to space, correct?

Yes, but of course not throw away the shields we have currently committed to the project. I imagine we can venture into space within 20 turns if we play it right.

Just what exactly are we gonna use stealth for? If we are gonna build our spaceship shortly, we sure won't have time to build stealth bombers... Also I suspect we are not gonna get it for free.

I was thinking about getting FREE to maybe think we would help out on a strike on SABER. Heck, we could even build some bombers - once we finish research, we'll have a lot of money to use for rushing non-SS parts if we are thwarted in our efforts to launch.

Mainly, I was thinking of a misdirection. I dunno that we'll get it, either.

btw - one thing to worry about is that with stealth bombers, FREE will easily be able to remove our airport on that 1 hex island, thus disconnecting our rubber.

We would be able to rush a harbor/airport, but I'm not sure we would be able to KEEP it connected for a turn.

Once we are done researching we are gonna be flat broke :). I would not speculate money earnt, after research is done, to much. I think its better to discuss it when the time approaches.

As for the rubber city it is pretty much out of hands, we cannot prevent them from destroying the airport.

Yes, we could discuss a plan to destroy Saber with FREE as a diversion, but how would we know they ain't just pulling our leg while they prepare for an invasion of us?..

Yes, we'll be broke when we're done researching but AT's point was that if we can't launch when we're done researching then we'll have plenty of gold.

If FREE can destroy our airport so easily does it make sense to start building a harbor with an engineer?

If FREE can destroy our airport so easily does it make sense to start building a harbor with an engineer?
imo not before we really need the rubber.
There are only one or two turns iirc when we really need it, right?

edit:
Otoh those 3gpt are not such a big investment... :dunno:

edit2:
especially if we spare 4g/shield for rushing, that's 12gpt. :hmm:
It would be a nice insurance. I'd switch to harbor and engineer... :crazyeye:

Top Bottom