Preslav suzerain bonus

CultureManiac

Prince
The entry for Preslav's suzerain bonus says: "You receive +2 Loyalty per turn in cities for each Encampment district building."
That seems to suggest that cities get 2 loyalty for every encampment in my empire - ie, if I have five encampments than each would get 10 loyalty. I can't see a breakdown of loyalty to know whether it is this meaning, or just 2 loyalty for each city with an encampment.
Anyone tested this?

I think it only applies in the cities where you have built an Encampment.

Yes, with Preslav you can get up to +6 Loyalty in cities with all three Encampment buildings.

This change was in R&F to emphasize the value of buildings. Previously, people were building districts and reaping the benefits while ignoring buildings.

I think R&F tweaked the costs, making districts cheaper and buildings more expensive?

Other changes include Carthage and Stockholm, who are also now dependent on district buildings.

So to use an example for clarity:

You are Suzerain of Preslav.

City A: no encampment, no Loyalty bonus
City B: encampment, but no encampment buildings, no Loyalty bonus
City C: encampment + Barracks, +2 Loyalty bonus (click on the Loyalty bar that appears under the city bar when you click on the Loyalty button on the cty bar, this effect will show up in the number on the far right for "Other Effects")
City D: encampment + Barracks + Armoury: +4 Loyalty bonus

I believe the biggest benefit of Preslav is when playing aggressive. It lets you restore positive Loyalty more quickly to enemy cities with encampments that you capture (though you may need to repair the damaged buildings first). Still pretty situational.

So to use an example for clarity:

You are Suzerain of Preslav.

City A: no encampment, no Loyalty bonus
City B: encampment, but no encampment buildings, no Loyalty bonus
City C: encampment + Barracks, +2 Loyalty bonus (click on the Loyalty bar that appears under the city bar when you click on the Loyalty button on the cty bar, this effect will show up in the number on the far right for "Other Effects")
City D: encampment + Barracks + Armoury: +4 Loyalty bonus

I believe the biggest benefit of Preslav is when playing aggressive. It lets you restore positive Loyalty more quickly to enemy cities with encampments that you capture (though you may need to repair the damaged buildings first). Still pretty situational.
Or maybe in a frontier city that you can build yourself using the Veterancy card.

I think when I am on the warpath I use my card spots for different things. Maybe Preslav is OK if you capture a city with an encampment and a building but not sure AI builds enough buildings in their encampments to make it worth allying Preslav

I think when I am on the warpath I use my card spots for different things. Maybe Preslav is OK if you capture a city with an encampment and a building but not sure AI builds enough buildings in their encampments to make it worth allying Preslav
I probably wouldn't use Veterancy when on the warpath either. It's mostly for consolidating or building up to a war.
Having learned what Preslav does now, it could make a first district encampment in low loyalty cities appealing.

Nahh too many production used for very little loyalty
And then someone captures Preslav

In my last game Preslav was my ally. I do not know that it made any difference worth anything. I was playing Khmer so getting cities converted to my religion was far more effective way to keep loyalty going.

Top Bottom