[LP] Leader Pass Pack 1: Great Negotiators (Nov. 2022) - Patch Notes Discussion

Laurana Kanan

Don’t underestimate who I am.

Test your diplomacy skills with the Great Negotiators Pack*. This is the first of six packs included in the Civilization VI: Leader Pass**.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN (UNITED STATES)

Lincoln catapulted the United States into the industrial age and presided over the Union victory in the American Civil War. His new abilities speak to these accomplishments, as does his Preserver of the Union agenda, which results in him only liking Civilizations with the same form of Government.

NEW ABILITY: EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION
  • Base game - Industrial Zones give +2 Amenities.
  • Rise and Fall & Gathering Storm DLCs - Industrial Zones give +3 Loyalty per turn but your Plantations give -2 Loyalty.
  • Base game - Receive a free Melee unit after constructing Industrial Zones and their buildings. The free unit does not require resources when created or to maintain and receives +5 Combat Strength.
  • Rise and Fall & Gathering Storm DLCs - Receive a free Melee unit after constructing Industrial Zones and their buildings. The free unit does not require resources when created or to maintain and receives +5 Combat Strength.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

QUEEN MBANDE NZINGA (KONGO)

Given her historical dealings with the Portuguese, it's fitting that Mbande Nzinga has a Decolonization agenda. As such, she likes Civilizations who stick to one continent but dislikes Civilizations with cities on multiple continents.

NEW ABILITY: QUEEN OF MATAMBA AND NDONGO
  • Cities receive +10% Yields if on the same continent as your capital, -15% if on another continent.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

SULTAN SALADIN (ARABIA)

The existing Civilization VI leader Vizier Saladin can construct religious buildings for a fraction of the usual Faith cost, and dislikes leaders who follow other Religions. Sultan Saladin, on the other hand, receives bonuses for all of his Combat and Religious units, and dislikes leaders who wage war on followers of his Religion.

NEW ABILITY: THE VICTORIOUS MILITARY
  • +100% Flanking and Support Bonus to all Combat and Religious units.

Last edited:
I hope someone mods out the Loyalty bonus/penalty and mods in the Amenity bonus/penalty for Lincoln. It's a lot more interesting IMO.

Eh, kind of underwhelming to be honest. Mbande Nzinga ironically has a decent domination bonus against most other civs but the trade route bonus is kind of weird, especially if you are going for a culture victory. Saladin is fine but, again, underwhelming and Lincoln is at least interesting, in theory, but I'll be interested to see how it plays.

I hope someone mods out the Loyalty bonus/penalty and mods in the Amenity bonus/penalty for Lincoln. It's a lot more interesting IMO.
I don't know if I'm misreading this or not, but perhaps he has both Loyalty and Amenity maluses in R&F and GS? We'll have to check once the patch releases.

Edit: I guess the Trade Routes part is based on her deals with the Dutch? I honestly thought we would get something having more to do with Alliances and stuff, though.

if your city's big enough to make an IZ I don't understand how loyalty bonus really does anything.
It really feels like the change exists simply so one of the leaders interacts with the DLC mechanics, I can't really think of a reason why it exists otherwise.

Nope, you only get the amenity bonuses in the base game.
That is a darn shame... On the plus side, though-

HO MY GOODNESS, THAT IS AN EPIC INTRO!! I CALLED IT, I CALLED THE LEADER INTROS BEING 100% MORE BADASS THAN NFP'S!!!

The negative loyalty on plantations is going to be pretty bad when you're trying to conquer lands. I think you're basically going to have to bring a worker to destroy them until you can establish a new foothold. But if you time those IZ they'll basically run the table with Man-At-Arms pushes, with a bunch of free units resource-free, while also getting bonus amenities back home. Assuming they get that - it doesn't show on the screenshot they posted on the page, but listed in the text.

Queen Nzinga's biggest ability is losing Mvemba's leader "bonus", which is pretty terrible. So anything that she gets is going to help out.

Not sure if the new Saladin is necessarily better than the old one, but definitely could lead to some religious gameplay. Rare that people get combat bonuses on religious units, that could make them really tough.

Eh, kind of underwhelming to be honest. Mbande Nzinga ironically has a decent domination bonus against most other civs but the trade route bonus is kind of weird, especially if you are going for a culture victory. Saladin is fine but, again, underwhelming and Lincoln is at least interesting, in theory, but I'll be interested to see how it plays.

Well, her abilities in the screenshot are completely different than the one in the text. Wonder which one it actually is...

Her bonuses in the screenshot are souped Maya - bonus yields on the same continent, minus off continent. I'd say it's such a direct Maya but better that the text is probably the correct one and the screenshot was nerfed, but tbd

I mean this is largely "Free" stuff, so I'm avoiding complaining.

Also I feel the thread's name is a misnomer/misleading since these are just the breakdown. We still have no idea if a patch IS coming.

I expect it must largely due to Julius Caesar's ability, but had it not been for him I'd honestly be doubting a Patch since all of their abilities I believe can be done with current modifiers.

Top Bottom