Preview - Coyote Light Armored Vehicle

I like it, very good work! Two tips, the spare tyre is a little too high, and the gun is perhaps a little too big, it could also do with a little more ambient light- just to iluminate the shadows a little; but all those are just details, over all its very good. I prefer the snow camo; it looks a little like "Urban" camo too.

Thanks everyone for your input for this unit.

I have made the gun smaller, the spare tire lower, the regular
version a bit lighter and with a lighter ambiance

The only thing that I really am not happy with is the
civ specific color placement, there really isn't a whole
lot of places to put it, I guess thats the disadvantage
of allowing civ specific colors.

I expect all 3 versions to be completed by the end of the
coming weekend.

The colors in this preview are a little messed because
I put all 3 units in one animation and it sorta messes
the palette a bit, the colors are a lot clearer for the real thing.

Attachments

• coyotepreview2.gif
    coyotepreview2.gif
    33.4 KB · Views: 131
Its easier to change the colors of the unit after it is completed. I would suggest making a grey toned camo unit, then replacing the colors in the palette to change the color of the camoflage..... it is much easier than rendering them all.

Is it just me, or is the camo on the Unit following it around... I mean, the green on the middleone is the same for the eye on all views.

Is it just me, or is the camo on the Unit following it around... I mean, the green on the middleone is the same for the eye on all views.

Nope its not you, it does sorta follow it around.

The texture was rendering in the views like that,
I didn't think to much of it because you would really only notice it
when it was spinning in such a animation...if it was moving in
game and went from say west to north, I don't think you would
notice it a whole lot, if at all.

Or maybe its a feeble hypnotizing attempt...Your
getting sleepy....sleeepy .....sleeeeeepy .....when
I snap my fingers, you will love the unit, bark like a dog,
call your mother, preorder everyone who posted in this
thread a copy of play the world and run around the block
shouting "I am a purple people eater" 5 times.....

*SNAP*

:crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

You need to apply a UVW Map to the unit, and do an UVW UnWrap on that. I could write a tutorial on how... but there are tutorials on that with the program. Just open the Help menu, and search for texturing.

The snow camo definitely is my pick. If its a big bother I wouldn't worry too much about that camo problem, if my units start spinning like that in the game I will be asking my doc to reduce my prescription!

This looks great Doragon. I think it would be a great upgrade for Kinboat's Lancia armored car. As for the death .flc, I'd vote for the "big boom" ending. I think it really captures the fuel and ammo load "cooking off" nicely. Too many of the vehicle unit death animations just look like blocks falling apart rather than catastrophic destruction, but not this one! :lol:

Just to be anoying i would have to go with the smaller boom. The big one looks good but once the smoke clears i think that th efront of it should show some damage whic it doesnt. I think you should just stick with the top being blown off. Both of them still look good though.

Actualy on second thoughts i've just looked at it again, and i think that the big boom looks better:D

Which death did you go with, I will wait for the camo versions to download it. :)

I like them both but the bigger one sure looks best. :)

Top Bottom