Priest of Leaves

Marksman77

Aethernaut
Playing Ljosalfar with Leaves as the state religion, I wanted to decrease AC a bit by sanctifying some city ruins with my Priests of Leaves - and what happened? They have no Sanctify spell. They got Life I, Nature I, Sorcery, Divine and Channeling II but NO CHANNELING I!!! Am I blind or is it really a bug?

BTW wiki supports me in this matter:
http://civ4wiki.com/wiki/index.php/FfH_Priest_of_Leaves_%28Unit%29

Playing 0.21c

Sadly, priests cannot cast first-tier spells - you usually need an arcane unit (adept, mage, conjurer, archmage, summoner) for those.

Sadly, priests cannot cast first-tier spells - you usually need an arcane unit (adept, mage, conjurer, archmage, summoner) for those.

you are kidding, my cultist who starts with water 2 and channeling 2 can't cast spring because he lacks water 1, and can't learn it despite knowing water 2... this seems really silly to me, and counter intuitive. how is it i never noticed that before...

FYI, if you can use the Amurite hero Govannon to train units with Channeling I and any of Body I, Chaos I, Death I or Dimension I.

This effectively allows some Divine units to cast Channeling I spells (and allows Druids to learn all of the spells from 4 different spheres, and allows priests of any religion to graft flesh, and a number of other quirky loopholes).

The Cultist still can't learn Spring because he has Water II but lacks Water I, and therefore cannot take the Water I promotion. (This seems reasonable to me; I wouldn't expect to see Cultists interested in turning deserts to plains. That's just my opinion, though.)

The Cultist still can't learn Spring because he has Water II but lacks Water I, and therefore cannot take the Water I promotion. (This seems reasonable to me; I wouldn't expect to see Cultists interested in turning deserts to plains. That's just my opinion, though.)

he might not want to use spring, although cultist is octopus overlords, so its not really a destroy the world religion right?, but its kinda like saying, "this calculus stuff is easy, its addition and subtraction that give me problems" when you say he can learn water II, but not Water I. But yeah, thats just my oppinion.

FFH splits the traditional D&D cleric functions between the disciple and adept lines. I think Sanctify is where it is to give players a reason to acquire Life mana for the adepts when the enemy isn't fielding undead. But you're right, having Sanctify not done by priests it feels unintuitive to me too.

Top Bottom