Princes of the Universe, Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been shadowing here for a while. Great story Sisiutil! I vote for continuing as you have begun and making a good story out of the whole. If you rush, bang, bang, over... the whole will suffer greatly. You laid down a great foundation for this... don't waste all that effort and finish it quick and dirty like. Even if it takes time it will be worth it in the long run.

and once again :goodjob:

P.S. your ALC series and this thread are the reasons I signed up and started posting again. I got off the boards for a while after CivIV came out and only came by to read.... then I found your ALC threads and this story and couldn't help not putting in my two :commerce:. I gotta get BTS so I can follow the ALC now that I'm done reading all the Warlords ALCs.

P.S. your ALC series and this thread are the reasons I signed up and started posting again. I got off the boards for a while after CivIV came out and only came by to read.... then I found your ALC threads and this story and couldn't help not putting in my two :commerce:. I gotta get BTS so I can follow the ALC now that I'm done reading all the Warlords ALCs.

Thanks!

I should get a kick back from Firaxis for helping sell BtS, shouldn't I?

You can try... but I've found corporations to be very reluctant to pay even a little bit to compensate for what they consider to be free advertisment (which is what these boards are considered to be by them... IMHO). Look at the recent reports about all those large corporations not paying any taxes in the last 5-7 years! :eek: I wish I could do that and get away with it!

I've been putting off the BTS expansion. It took me a while to get used to the changes in Warlords and it looks like there are even more in BTS... maybe I'll wait until the next expansion comes out and get that since it should be based on (or maybe even include) BTS.

You can try... but I've found corporations to be very reluctant to pay even a little bit to compensate for what they consider to be free advertisment (which is what these boards are considered to be by them... IMHO). Look at the recent reports about all those large corporations not paying any taxes in the last 5-7 years! :eek: I wish I could do that and get away with it!

I've been putting off the BTS expansion. It took me a while to get used to the changes in Warlords and it looks like there are even more in BTS... maybe I'll wait until the next expansion comes out and get that since it should be based on (or maybe even include) BTS.
They are now concentrating on Civ IV: Colonization which is a stand-alone game, so it looks unlikely that there will be another expansion pack. Personally I would cut your losses and get BtS. I think they have taken Civ IV as far as they can go with the current structure and may not revisit it even after C.IV.C.

Excellent story! I've spent the whole night reading Philosopher Kings eight through ten, and your own story. Both excellent, professional quality work. You've pulled forth a tear or two more than once in this epic; really making me care about the people involved, I especially enjoyed reading of the hero of the Aztec War.

Best of luck getting published! I'd say you're definitely good enough, just a matter of perservering and attracting the attention of the right people. :)

Can anyone make the whole story into one section (if a moderator can do that or something)? It is a little annoying having to open each chapter individually, even from the very first post. Maybe even make it a pdf or something.

Edit: Saw the difference of time between chapter 1 and the last one, couldn't imagine working a story for 2 years.

Sis, can you still add characters based on one of your fans, because I would love to be a Taoist missionary!

I think it'd be a better story overall if Sis didn't start going out of his way to pander to his adoring fans.

I think it'd be a better story overall if Sis didn't start going out of his way to pander to his adoring fans.
Generally, I don't. The stories come to me (sometimes not) and I write them. Forcing a character into a story where he/she doesn't belong would be obviously forced and seem distracting, which is why you haven't seen me making promises of that nature. I think I've been able to work one person in once and can't make any promises about doing so again.

good for you Sis! take a stand!

Nice sig, Civfan333. Yeah, I can read it and I'm not even a native english speaker ;)

Now, if the AC problems of Sis are more stabilized, a litle update would be in hand :p

thanks rolo!

anyway.........STORY!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

I just wanted to give my gratitude for a wonderful read.
Too be honest I'm still on chapter twelve, but I found the character Zorba to be both hilarious and oddly familiar. I couldn't quite place where I knew Zorba from, until I remembered the novel Zorba the greek. You wouldn't by any chance be either a) Literature Professor or b) Professional Writer?

The update is in the ALC at the moment, Northpole'r; he took a break from that because of the weather which mitigated against playing Civ all that much. He's back now :).

I just wanted to give my gratitude for a wonderful read.
Too be honest I'm still on chapter twelve, but I found the character Zorba to be both hilarious and oddly familiar. I couldn't quite place where I knew Zorba from, until I remembered the novel Zorba the greek. You wouldn't by any chance be either a) Literature Professor or b) Professional Writer?
Thanks!

As for Zorba, I borrowed the name for the sake of having a somewhat-familiar cultural reference; other than that, the character largely sprang from my imagination. I have not seen Zorba the Greek in its entirety--just a few clips here and there.

yeah sis........PLEASE!!?!?!?

I'll get back to the game this week and play it, then see what story ideas arise from what happens. That means nothing too soon, though, so please be patient.

No problem, I'm happy just to hear this thread is not yet dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom