1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem: Incomplete list of available civs when loading MP savegame

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall MP' started by Highlander_, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Highlander_

Highlander_ Chieftain

Hi,

I've have a problem with saved multiplayer game.

We wanted to play MP using Spain and Germany. During 600AD start none of them is available, so we started to play as Vikings and Arabs, to switch later.

It occured that to switch civ we have to reload games each time when Germany and Spain spawned, and regain control for the computer. We managed to do it and we played several hours Germany vs. Spain.

Then we saved game to continue in the next day. When I loaded game, I found out that if first person picks Spain, it is not possible for the second one to join game as Germany (called in that time Holy Roman Empire). If I started as Germany, the second person cannot join the game as Spain.

Anybody see a solution to this problem? Is it possible to unlock the list of available civs?

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

strange, it should work.
    Try to reload the game as Spain only, wait a turn, and then try to enter as Germany as the other player, rather than entering both in the staging room

3. kairob

kairob Biohazard

waiting a turn doesnt work. However we are going to try having everyone but one person leaving and then that person saving the game with no one else in the game, and then getting them to save. Which I think might work. But then again it might not...

4. kairob

kairob Biohazard

The answar is actually very simple, you just all have to join in the staging area, rather than one person loading the mod and the rest joining once the game has begun.

5. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

thanks, added to the readme