Problems running RoM2.8MegaPack.

Dastingo

Chieftain
Hello everyone,

So I downloaded RoM2.8Mega file (the 900+MB one from a torrent) and put in the mods folder in BTS.

And when I click the Single Player or Civilopedia button the game crashes with the "send/ Don't send" error.

I am positive I have BTS 3.19 and put RoM in the correct folder "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind".
I also have hotfix3.

I remember using RoM 2.71 and it worked perfectly, but when I installed the its MegaPack (1.6 I think) it stopped working, so the problem is possibly from the MegaPack.

Is there a way to fix this problem? and if not is there a way to remove the MegaPack without downloading the mod again?

Thnx.

Hello everyone,

So I downloaded RoM2.8Mega file (the 900+MB one from a torrent) and put in the mods folder in BTS.

And when I click the Single Player or Civilopedia button the game crashes with the "send/ Don't send" error.

I am positive I have BTS 3.19 and put RoM in the correct folder "Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind".
I also have hotfix3.

I remember using RoM 2.71 and it worked perfectly, but when I installed the its MegaPack (1.6 I think) it stopped working, so the problem is possibly from the MegaPack.

Is there a way to fix this problem? and if not is there a way to remove the MegaPack without downloading the mod again?

Thnx.

Your computer technical specifics, please.
That may help people give you a solution because megacivpack is reputed to be a stress on light-end computers.

CPU: AMD Athlon X-2 5200 Dual Core.
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800 MHz.
Graphics Adapter: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe.
Hard Disk: 500GB Sata 2.
Sound Card: SoundMax.

Running Windows XP SP3 32-bit.

Anything else you need?

Since RoM2.71 without MegaPack worked well, I guess RoM2.8 could work too.
I'm downloading RoM2.8Full without MegaPack now and I will test it.
If it works well then I guess the MegaPack hates me.:(

Edit: I downloaded RoM2.8 Full without the MegaPack and it's working well so far.
Still, I really wanted to play with the MegaPack.:(

At least I get to enjoy RoM now.:)

Don't install Hotfix 3 to RoM2.8Mega - because Mega version already includes Hotfix 4 and installing hotfix 3 would mess up things because Mega version has couple python files that are different from Full version (building upgrade paths for new civs' UBs).

It would help to find the problem if you posted log files from your game (after trying to run mega version) and tell your computer specs. See v2.8 feedback thread for instructions how to enable logging, if you don't know about them.

Hi Zapp,
Just downloading this now - do we need to install Hotfixes 1 and 2, or is 4 cumulative? THanks!

@Zappara:

First, Thanks for the Awesome Mod.:crazyeye:

Here are my computer specs (again :) ):

I completely removed and reinstalled RoM2.8Mega, the hotfix was part of the problem as I can now launch a custom game, but now there is another problem:

When I press the launch button I see the picture of the Earth but the loading bar does not appear, and after about 5min the game crashes with Visual C++ runtime error, if i click civilopedia the game crashes with Visual C++ runtime error too.

On a side note: RoM2.8Full without the MegaPack takes a few seconds to load, but with the MegaPack it takes about 5min to reach the Main Menu, just so you know.

As for the log files, here they are:

Attachments

• 2.8 Megapack Error Logs.zip
    561.7 KB · Views: 39

Anything else you need?

I doubt 2gb of Ram is enough. You'll get MAF errors like crazy even if you get it to work.

Hi Zapp,
Just downloading this now - do we need to install Hotfixes 1 and 2, or is 4 cumulative? THanks!
It's cumulative - latest hotfix includes the previous ones.

I completely removed and reinstalled RoM2.8Mega, the hotfix was part of the problem as I can now launch a custom game, but now there is another problem:

When I press the launch button I see the picture of the Earth but the loading bar does not appear, and after about 5min the game crashes with Visual C++ runtime error, if i click civilopedia the game crashes with Visual C++ runtime error too.

On a side note: RoM2.8Full without the MegaPack takes a few seconds to load, but with the MegaPack it takes about 5min to reach the Main Menu, just so you know.
Hmm, try running WoC_installer.jar from modules and then try the mod. Also if that doesn't help, try disabling sound completely and try then.

The load time is longer because Megapack contains 80 new custom leaders and 60 new civs = about 10 000 more files to load on start.

I tried WoC_installer.jar and nothing changed.
Turning off the sound causes the game to quickly crash when I click "Launch Game".
I tried to move CivilizationIV.ini to reset my settings to default and the game got stuck when loading like before.

I'll be playing the non-MegaPack version for now.
Still hoping if this problem can be fixed. :cry:

One idea would be to hold shift down after doubleclicking the icon or telling vanilla BtS to load the mod; this has the effect of purging the cache. Generally a good idea after you've updated to a later version of the same mod, or modded the mod somehow. Having said that, I've got 2GB RAM and an integrated card and 32bit Vista, and I can play the megapack with Afforess's beta modpack just fine, even if starting a new game or loading an old game takes a while. Course, I'm using that Vista /3GB trick but whatev.

Loading the Mod from BTS didn't work, and using Afforess's beta modpack causes the game to crash before even reaching the Main Menu. :lol:

Of course, I can run RoM 2.8 Full with no problems, only the MegaPack causes errors.

BTW, do I need to download any hotfix for the non-MegaPack version? or was the hotfix also included?

Megacivpack=hotfix included

Original 2.8Full and 2.8Lite=Need to download Hotfix

Upcoming 2.81=You know the answer :lol:

The latest one is Hotfix 3 or Hotfix 4? I can only find Hotfix 3.

That is for 2.8Full and 2.8Lite, yes.

I'm assuming Zappara meant Hotfix 4 for MegaCiv only.

Of course, I can run RoM 2.8 Full with no problems, only the MegaPack causes errors.

I have the exact same problem. Works fine w/out mega pack.

Here are my specs (by memory):
WinXP 32bit SP3
3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo
6GB DDR3 RAM (yes, I know it's too much for 32bit)
Geforce GTX 260 w/896MB RAM (or some other large amount)
Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum

/3gb switch causes massive graphics corruption in Civ4 (even w/latest nvidia drivers), so I have to leave it off. (Any tips here welcome as well. Already tried various USERVA settings.)

It stalls for 4-5 mins after clicking single player and then crashes, with a C++ error and sometimes a MAF as well.

Your computer technical specifics, please.
That may help people give you a solution because megacivpack is reputed to be a stress on light-end computers.

Can someone explain, why is it so? As I understand, megacivpack gives you just tens of new civs to choose. But after you start a game, what makes the difference?

Top Bottom