Problems with Civ II with Windows (2000 and XP)

@spacemanG you need to upgrade vanilla to MGE to make it work (look for the patches in the download section). Vanilla works for 16 bit systems (and can run at 32 bit but not 64 bit). MGE will run at 64 bit. MGE is however known for an agressive AI.

Another solution might be to create a virtual 32 bit XP system. IIRC others have tried this and got civ 2 working (look in one of the latest succion games. There was a short discussion about it).

I was playing civ 2 MGE and i opened the city window in a scenario and the game just crashed i got a window says the window needs to close and the hole send or not send an error report.

Magic_Gorter, thanks for your help.
I'll look into the virtual 32bit solution and let you know how i get on.

Willsanders84; loved your suggestion, u cracked me up! :lol:
but how would i play Freelancer and Dungeon Siege2? :(
I'm not gonna give up tho, i miss Civ2 too much!!

Seems there's no way to install Regular Civ 2 to a Win 7 64 bit edition to even patch it.....

Now I gotta shell out the $20 that copies of the game are going for on Amazon and EBay, I guess.

If anyone knows any way to INSTALL Civ 2 to Win 7 64 (not play it), please let me know.

I installed Civ2 on XP. No patches. I have an application error, says "Civ2 caused a General Protection Fault in module CIV'.EXE at 0041:0384."

Any solution for playing Civ2 on XP?

Top Bottom