Problems with happiness on Autocracy

mroverrated16

Chieftain
If I am going for "5 cities main, all others puppet" style kind of warmonger strategy, I find that I am having happiness issues when choosing autocracy ideology, rather than choosing order or freedom. I am currently playing a warmonger China and I choose authority-piety-imperialism/rationalism (depending on conditions) route. Is the happiness problem intentional to balance the authority ideology or am I doing something wrong?

Why do you pick Piety? Statecraft is more important for a warmonger. Also Industry is better unless you are a civ with humongous Culture output, which can take Imperialism on top.

Why do you pick Piety? Statecraft is more important for a warmonger. Also Industry is better unless you are a civ with humongous Culture output, which can take Imperialism on top.

I pick either piety or aesthetics depending on whether I founded a religion early or not. I mostly go statecraft when I am playing peaceful and pick the other two when I want to expand and conquer some cities. Currently I see no synergy between warmonger and statecraft, but maybe am I understanding this wrong?

I see even worse synergy between piety and aestheticsm for warmongering.

Allying CS is a big part in warmongering. By choosing to ally cs in strategic position, it can make your war easier

I find that Statecraft wants you to be militarily powerful, so you can tell those other civs to F*ck off when they claim that CS I have been friends with for 150 turns are in their sphere of influence, you can liberate CS from Venice or Mongols, lots of things. Piety works pretty well too, has some synergy with Authority and generates useful yields for a warmonger.

Just my opinion, but I think China is a pretty bad civ. Having all that growth in a big empire is just a recipe for unhappiness

I find that Statecraft wants you to be militarily powerful, so you can tell those other civs to F*ck off when they claim that CS I have been friends with for 150 turns are in their sphere of influence, you can liberate CS from Venice or Mongols, lots of things. Piety works pretty well too, has some synergy with Authority and generates useful yields for a warmonger.

Just my opinion, but I think China is a pretty bad civ. Having all that growth in a big empire is just a recipe for unhappiness
Not at all. When playing tall and peaceful, happiness isn't a problem. In fact, I find myself frequently focusing on food just to reduce happiness a little (if not going Aesthetics, +20 happiness is not very useful).

I just realized that for every extra happiness, all your cities get extra yield percentage.
For example 10 happiness. Your cities get extra 1p/f/c/faith/science for every 10 yield

So stacking happiness is not useless now. While i remember in vanilla, all you need is just 0 or 1 happiness to activate rationalism bonus. Because it does not even matter if you are not going aesthetic.

I just realized that for every extra happiness, all your cities get extra yield percentage.
For example 10 happiness. Your cities get extra 1p/f/c/faith/science for every 10 yield

So stacking happiness is not useless now. While i remember in vanilla, all you need is just 0 or 1 happiness to activate rationalism bonus. Because it does not even matter if you are not going aesthetic.
No, it stops at 10 happiness. Further happiness just helps with golden ages, and with one aesthetic policy.

No, it stops at 10 happiness. Further happiness just helps with golden ages, and with one aesthetic policy.

It sucks then. I once reach 32 happiness in industrial era going tradition korea in deity. I didnt pay attention to the extra hammer.

It sucks then. I once reach 32 happiness in industrial era going tradition korea in deity. I didnt pay attention to the extra hammer.

10% of 10 production is one hammer. I think you might be production deprived.

In any case excess happiness provides % bonuses to national yields, not city yields.

G

10% of 10 production is one hammer. I think you might be production deprived.

In any case excess happiness provides % bonuses to national yields, not city yields.

G

Tu_37 said that happiness above 10 does not matter. Need further explanation. And what is the difference by national yield and city yield? National is science,culture,faith? City yield that do not included in national yield is food and production?

Tu_37 said that happiness above 10 does not matter. Need further explanation. And what is the difference by national yield and city yield? National is science,culture,faith? City yield that do not included in national yield is food and production?

National is science, culture, faith, gold (see top panel tooltip for happiness).

G

National is science, culture, faith, gold (see top panel tooltip for happiness).

G

Sry, i forgot gold.
So, food and production do not get benefit from excess happiness? And is there a cap limit to only 10% or 10 happiness, or you can get higher boost?

Top Bottom