1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Production Queue 0.1.16

Add a production queue to city production management

1. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

Lozenged submitted a new resource:

Production Queue - Add a production queue to city production management

Read more about this resource...

racha, eatmyplis, resonansER and 6 others like this.
  2. bladex

bladex Chieftain

kingchris20 likes this.
  3. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

Exactly.

Genjokoan likes this.
  4. Zakkage

Zakkage Chieftain

Nice!

5. RyansPlace

RyansPlace Chieftain

Didn't think this was possible. Good job!

Next challenge: Trade route cue (or option to auto-repeat the same routes)

6. bladex

bladex Chieftain

and option to make a damn spy stay on counter-spy!

Genjokoan and westyofoz like this.
  7. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Is this compatible with DivineYuri's city screen? Looks amazing, btw, but I can't live without DY's mod any more :D

8. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Queen's

@Lozenged Using it right now, looks and works beautifully - thank you! :thumbsup:
    Same here. I'm about a 100 turns into a new game and haven't had any conflicts with @Divine Yuri 's mod.

9. Spedwards

Spedwards Chieftain

In the instructions it says "Click an item in the Choose Production panel" to add it to the queue, or middle click to add it to the top of the queue. If this is true, how do you change production?

10. jlc22

jlc22 Chieftain

@Spedwards
    This looks amazing! I can't wait to try out this.

11. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, I really appreciate it! I tried to consider all the situations where production is affected and handle them appropriately. I'm certain there will be cases I missed, so please don't hesitate to say something if it isn't behaving as expected.

I tried to modify as few files as possible to maintain compatibility with other mods. I just took a quick look at DivineYuri's mod, and while the ProductionPanel files are included in it, there is only a single line of code that is different from the base, and it doesn't appear to be anything major. @Laurana Kanan Reports they work together, so hooray! I wonder how the game decides which files to use in the end. Perhaps the last alphabetical one is the one to overwrite any that came before it? Anyway, happy to hear they seem to be working together.

How exactly do you mean? The top of the queue, with the golden border, is the item being actively produced. In the scope of the mod, "top of the queue" is equal to "actively produced". If you're asking about modifying the order of the items after being added to the queue, you can do that by dragging and dropping to move an item to a different position, shifting everything up or down to make the space for it. You may also double left-click or middle-click (your choice) to move the item to the top of the queue right away. This is the same as dragging and dropping to the top of the queue, but it felt natural to me to have a quick way of doing so.

thecrazyscot likes this.
  12. Bigv32

Bigv32 Chieftain

I do not know who will end up being more popular; you, the yet not another earth map guy, or the quick ui guy, but thank you for this.

I read through the description and even did a ctrl-f for it, but can you confirm this will also work for city projects? Can we line up a ton of them so we do not need to go to a city for a long time without looking at it?

13. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

You are very welcome. Thanks for the appreciation!

I can confirm it works for city projects. You can spam click it if you like and it'll just keep pumping them out.

14. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

I think this call is what slides the city panel to the left when you open the production tab (otherwise it's partially covered). I'd keep this, personally ;)

15. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

That's a great thought, but as far as I can tell it's actually not related to that. All it does is select the production tab of the production panel when you open the panel via the production button on the city panel. Interestingly, this is already done in the View() function which is itself called by Refresh() which is called by Open() which is called when that button is clicked. If you comment that line out (effectively returning the file to the same state as the one with the base game), the city panel still slides over, and the production tab is still selected by default upon opening the production panel via the rightmost button on the top of the city panel. I'm sure @Divine Yuri has their reasons, but I can't seem to find one. I think it's great news because you can use them side-by-side! :)

16. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

So I absolutely adore this mod, but I do have a bug report (kind of a serious one too...).

There seems to be a problem with loading a game with the production queue enabled. It works fine when starting a new game, but I get some strange behavior when loading back into that game:

2.PNG

The production queue still shows up, but is stuck in this form. Plus I cannot actually add anything to the queue...it just stays here as this box.

1.PNG

Of more concern though is that I can no longer place districts or wonders. You can see in this screenshot that I'm trying to place the Acropolis district, but the district placement overlay does not show up and I cannot click anywhere to place it even though it is showing the adjacency bonuses. Wonders cannot be placed either, even though they show as valid build orders when selecting production.

I've attached the Lua log which shows quite a few errors related to the production queue.

Finally, another minor note. The queue doesn't seem to know how to really handle building repairs. They can be added to the queue, but when the repair is complete the queue will not progress forward to the next item until you manually remove the completed repair from the list.

Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

17. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

@thecrazyscot That is obviously not intended! I have saved and reloaded many times without issue, so am very sorry you are having trouble. Would you be able to provide me with the save file in question? Also, I will look into the repair situation. What exactly were you trying to repair?

Thanks for the kind words! I'll keep you posted.

Edit: I just glanced at the log. My lazy, hacky attempt to save myself some time with handling district/wonder placement seems to have backfired. I'll have to handle it a different way to ensure it doesn't break again. I would still love to have your save file for checking out the issue in the first screenshot.

18. aesir112

aesir112 Chieftain

Has anybody been able to run this successfully with CQUI mod?

19. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

Presently they do not play nice together, but I believe that @jacks0n is perhaps working on merging this mod with CQUI. I can't speak for him, but he expressed interest in taking that weight off my shoulders so I can focus on fixing bugs that are reported.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    aesir112 likes this.
  20. Lozenged

Lozenged Chieftain

@thecrazyscot Do you by any chance have any other mods enabled? If so, it's possible that the load order the first time around was in Production Queue's favor, but the second time around may have loaded a different ProductionPanel.lua. That would explain the behavior you are experiencing. At least the two screenshot ones. The repairs are probably a bug with my mod, and I will still be looking into it.