Resource icon

Production Queue 0.1.17

@Daft73 Glad you're looking forward to being able to use it. I would bring it up to the CQUI folks that you're all quite interested. I've given them permission to merge it, but I will not be assisting anytime soon. I had already merged a much earlier earlier build of Production Queue with CQUI (out of curiosity, and it worked just fine), but instead of focusing on that, I need to use my time on Production Queue specifically. I hope you understand.

@ElGuapoCiv No reason you should be expected to figure it out yourself! Thanks for the report.

@silentscience I'm sorry, I'm not certain what you're saying the problem is. There are many situations where the queue will not allow you to reorder buildings which rely on one another to be built in a certain order. Perhaps that's the problem? If you could be a little more specific, that might help me figure out what's wrong. Thanks!

@Bigv32 When I get to it, I'll test both conquered cities and simply pillaged districts just to be sure. I think that's a great idea as an interim feature, actually! I'll definitely toss that in for the next update.

@xau99 You're very welcome! And thanks for the kind words. I hope you continue to have a bug-free experience, but in the event you don't, do not hesitate to let me know.

@sirati97 I had not tested it with multiplayer. So I am glad to hear from @KHCloud that it works fine if everyone has it in the same version.

@rampi As I said in my original reply to @silentscience, issues loading a save are almost certainly down to a conflict with another mod.

Again @Daft73 Thanks for helping with the replying!

@sp00n Actually @Wvink reported that as well, and I noted it in my reply yesterday. Thank you very much for reporting it as well! It will be a simple problem to fix.

Spoiler :
@Daft73 Glad you're looking forward to being able to use it. I would bring it up to the CQUI folks that you're all quite interested. I've given them permission to merge it, but I will not be assisting anytime soon. I had already merged a much earlier earlier build of Production Queue with CQUI (out of curiosity, and it worked just fine), but instead of focusing on that, I need to use my time on Production Queue specifically. I hope you understand.

ofc... I'm not really loosing sleep over it.:goodjob:

Thank you for the response though. Also your welcome, some infos are easy to dish out, helps keeping the

natives from getting restless. :cowboy:

Regarding repairing buildings, I have mixed results for that. Sometimes it seems to bug out, and I need to manually remove the repaired building from the top of the queue, sometimes it progresses just fine.

I've also just had a city repair a pillaged Holy Site, and successfully continue to repairing its containing regional buildings as well.

And regarding the walls, this is probably a limitation of the game engine (I didn't care to observe this before), but if you are currently building an Ancient Wall, and research Civil Engineering while you're still doing so, the wall will continue to be built, and will also show up around the city when it's finished. This is different to obsolete units, so I'm not entirely sure if this is game mechanic or not.

To follop up with that, he's tweaking a lot of things on the base CQUI atm and fixing some other bugs... But PQ is on his agenda somewhere. If you read through the (monster!) thread for CQUI, you can get a pretty good idea where he's at and what's on the block next.

oh..when you repair or buy a building(building is in the top of the queue) . the queue will locked, you must cancel the building , if not it will porduce nothing.

We've tested it in multi player. Works great. We've added it to NQMod in the beta version, so it will be released with our next release. You'll be credited in files. Hope that's fine with you.

Amazing mod. We're still looking to fix the district placement issue, where you can place them early without building them, and keep the cost at that point.

oh..when you repair or buy a building(building is in the top of the queue) . the queue will locked, you must cancel the building , if not it will porduce nothing.

I've had that problem, we just kept removing them, and it was fine.

Loaded a game today with "resume" and the mod doesn't work... the window appears, but nothing is added... ctrl+click doesn't add anything.... middle click moves the map... all queues are absent... once a unit is selected, the selection screen closes...

Just a heads up

Just to add to information..
I have:
Sid Meier's Civilization VI OST "dlc" HERE
ProductionQueue "mod" (this mod)
TCS Improved Water Yields "mod" HERE
Unit Report Screen "mod" HERE
installed...

When I click on wonder "coliseum" the map zooms out to show the available tiles... but none of them are selectable.
When I click on "industrial zone" the map zooms out to show the available tiles... and the disadvantages of selecting them with a red exclamation point....but, I can not select any of them.

I could see "Sid Meier's Civilization VI OST" or "ProductionQueue" causing this issue...

I can't tell how to see if the game was updated by steam.... any suggestions?

**edit**
It sounds like you have another mod conflicting with Production Queue. Historically, Divine Yuri's Custom City Panel is usually the interfering mod in these situations. In case that is indeed a mod you have installed, the way to fix it would be to remove the four lines referencing the two ProductionPanel files from the .modinfo file for Divine Yuri's mod.

<!-- <File>UI/Panels/ProductionPanel.lua</File> -->
<!-- <File>UI/PProductionPanel.xml</File> -->
<!-- <File>UI/Panels/ProductionPanel.lua</File> -->
<!-- <File>UI/PProductionPanel.xml</File> -->

I'll let you know how it goes

**edit**
Commenting those lines out has fixed the issue. :) the file is Divine_Yuris_CityPanel.modinfo

Last edited:
Control+Left-Click or Middle-Click: Add the item to the top of the queue.”

this function,I can't move builds , just army can use

@sp00n It sounds like I just need to revisit repairing entirely, so I will do that! Indeed, for some reason the game itself will continue to complete walls that have already begun once researching Civil Engineering. That's wasteful since, as far as I can tell, they add nothing to the actual defense of your city at that point. Not sure if that was an oversight on their part or the desired behavior.

@Mynex Yeah @chaorace has been hard at work. He posted on the GitHub repo for CQUI yesterday that he's going to start merging Production Queue with CQUI now!

@notque As long as I am credited I am happy to have Production Queue included in any other mod. Thanks for asking! Apologies, what is the district placement issue you're talking about? I'm trying to figure out what you mean, but it's not ringing any bells. If it's an issue with Production Queue let me know and I'll address it when I get the chance (looking like the weekend at this point). Have I just spaced and forgotten? Let me know.

@pesce Sounds like you got it all sorted out! I appreciate the wealth of info you provided in the process, though. It seems like the biggest reason this conflict is so non-obvious is that the mod load order when you first start a game appears to be different than when loading a saved game. If it would just load Divine Yuri's mod before Production Queue even when starting a new game, it might be a more blatant conflict issue to the user. Oh well, at least you got it working!

@silentscience It's entirely possible I spaced on handling removing purchased buildings from the queue, so I'll take a look at that. Not sure what to say about the adding to the top of the queue inputs not working. Has anyone else experienced this? Keep in mind, you can't add things to the top of the queue which rely on other items in the queue. For example, adding a Holy Site to the queue and then trying to add a Shrine to the top of the queue will result in the Shrine being added just below the Holy Site. In those cases, it should add it as high up in the queue as is possible. Units inherently don't have that issue. Buildings are filled with prerequisites, though. That's really the only thing I can think that is giving off the impression that the "add to top of queue" is broken. If you send me a save file of a game experiencing this problem, I will be able to get a much better picture of what is happening.

Thanks for all the reports. Sounds like the biggest issue at the moment is repairing pillaged things. Of course I will go through all the reported problems, I have just not had the time this week. Looking forward to tomorrow night when I should finally have a chance to sit down and address all of your reports.

My pleasure! Great mod! Without it, it wasn't fun anymore.. I can finally play the game again!

Hi Lozenged,
This is a great mod but when I attempted to load a saved game that uses this mod the production queue no longer worked and the game would not allow me to create any new districts. Just thought i would pass that on.

We are having an issue with people buying something, and then next time they open the city up, it's still on the buy tab. Looking into the panel to change it myself.

Another thing... people currently abuse the game by setting down districts, and then moving them down in the queue. To save production.

I am working on fixing it by once you put a district at the top of the queue, you can't move off of it. Locking that.

That isn't a great solution, if you have a better idea, I'm interested.

Last edited:
Another thing... people currently abuse the game by setting down districts, and then moving them down in the queue. To save production.

I am working on fixing it by once you put a district at the top of the queue, you can't move off of it. Locking that.

That isn't a great solution, if you have a better idea, I'm interested.

Out of curiosity, why? If people want to play that way, that's on them.

If you're set on doing that, perhaps make it an option (on by default). That way, if they're going to 'game the system' like that, there's no doubt in their minds they're doing it.

Not sure if that can be done, but I'd recommend if it can be, to handle it that way. (Hopefully Firaxis will add a PQ and make sure that can't be done)

Hmmm it's strange since a while i have inquisitors removed from the game (2 games as Spain civ, no inquisitor in my "buy with faith menu"). By any chance would it be production queue mod ? Im trying to figure that out but it's long to test ; ; if you have time, could you please take a quick look at any inquisitors issue Lozenged ? im still testing on my side.

Out of curiosity, why? If people want to play that way, that's on them.

If you're set on doing that, perhaps make it an option (on by default). That way, if they're going to 'game the system' like that, there's no doubt in their minds they're doing it.

Not sure if that can be done, but I'd recommend if it can be, to handle it that way. (Hopefully Firaxis will add a PQ and make sure that can't be done)

It's MP. Everyone is scum in an MP game. Just the way it works, have to stop everything.

Top Bottom