Project announcement: European Wars MOD

My idea for a new map was because you cut some space in the East, mainly the Ottomans and the Russian (so they don´t dominate heavily) and giving more space to civs like Bavaria, Dutchland and Switzerland. Remember, this MOD? Scenario? goes until the late XIX century, from the age of musket until infantry. That's a lot of years and things that happened between.

@ED: Generic Names on Civs rulz!

My revised Civ List

1. England
2. France
3. Austria
4. Prussia
5. Sweden
6. Denmark-Norway
7. Holland
8. Russia
9. Poland-Lithuania
10. Venice
11. Savoy
12. Papal States
13. Spain
14. Portugal
15. Naples-Sicily
16. Switzerland
17. Holy Roman Empire
18. Bavaria
19. Crimean Turks
20. Ottomans
21. Barbary States
22. Morocco
23. Dunabian Principates
24. Ireland

This leaves space for 7 more Civs: The ones that I was thinking, Kazan Khaganate (gone to early) Serbia, Bulgaria and Greece (gain indepence from the Ottomans in the XIX C.) Georgia (u other Caucasian Civ) Persia (if we use the same map as MEM) Cossacks (a Buffer in East Europe) Scotland (gone too early) Saxony (this actually will became part of the HRE) Teutonic Knights (Prussia...)
Any more ideas?

I agree with this list.:goodjob:

The ones I thinking: Scotland, Teutonic-Prussia, Crimean Khanate, Cossacks with two or three cities and Persia. Maybe: Saxony.
Serbia bulgaria and Greece gain indipendence too late in game to create ceparate civs I think.:)

Hi Sandris!

Also, I think it would be much correct to name Russian civ as Russia. Tsardom of Russia (Rus, Kingdom of Russia, Kingdom of Muscovy) was the official name only since 1547 until 1721. The official name since 1721 until 1917 became Russian Empire and the title of "Tsar" (King) officially was changed into the "Emperor".

Done.

Also, I`m not sure if it`s reasonable to make a separate Cossack` civ. For the first time they became mercenaries in Russian army and later they became an elite force (especially cavalry) in Russian army as an ordinary Russian soldiers. Also, they lived in villages and had no towns/cities to be represented as a developed civilization.

I agree with embryodead. Even if we have a Cossack civ the Russian Civ - and poland-lithuania also - can always have special cossack mercenary units.
As for city graphics I remeber a great stuff with tents that someone here at Civfanatics have made that I love very much. (But I dont'remember the author)

I have plans to make lots of units for the 1500-1900 period, but first I have to finish at least Ancient-Medieval units for main civs. :)

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: We are waiting.

Ireland should be a small but persisting problem right up to the 1700's. Make sure to throw in Gallowglasses early on too :)

You could probably implement the Wild Geese somewhere in the mod too, as perhaps a Wonder spawning soldiers :D

I agree with this list.:goodjob:

The ones I thinking: Scotland, Teutonic-Prussia, Crimean Khanate, Cossacks with two or three cities and Persia. Maybe: Saxony.
Serbia bulgaria and Greece gain indipendence too late in game to create ceparate civs I think.:)

Scotland, Persia (is we use the same map as MEM) Cossacks (we can use a line of units for this Civ and later have a "Cossack" unit for Russia) and Saxony (if we find space in the map) That makes 28 Civs. Crieman Khanate and Teutonic Prussia are alredy on the list. (As Prussia and Crimena Turks).
Also we can include Florence (independent until the XIX century) Georgia/Cicilia, and some other "khangante" to fiill the void in Eastern Russia.

Ireland should be a small but persisting problem right up to the 1700's. Make sure to throw in Gallowglasses early on too :)

You could probably implement the Wild Geese somewhere in the mod too, as perhaps a Wonder spawning soldiers :D

Eh, eh... a Wild Geese unit or two are in my unit's to do plan...

Scotland, Persia (is we use the same map as MEM) Cossacks (we can use a line of units for this Civ and later have a "Cossack" unit for Russia) and Saxony (if we find space in the map) That makes 28 Civs. Crieman Khanate and Teutonic Prussia are alredy on the list. (As Prussia and Crimena Turks).
Also we can include Florence (independent until the XIX century) Georgia/Cicilia, and some other "khangante" to fiill the void in Eastern Russia.

Florence is too small but in Italy thai is little there are just Papal States, Naples-Sicily, Savoy and Venice so I think there isn't more space. Georgia and another khaganate I think is the best.

Wow - this sounds really promising! I agree that you need Scotland in there to make things more interesting/realistic on the British Isles, and Ireland too could add extra depth to the play.

Excuse my general ignorance, but are you planning to make a mod with several scenarios, or a single modded game?

If i got it right he wants to make it similar to MEM, a basic mod that can be used by others as a base for making several scenarios.

That's the main idea.
I'm working on creating a database with Civs/Leader/Techs/Units/etc. I think I can start on trying to make a new map next week, after I finish with some College work. Could be ready next weekend.

Bump.

I started making a new map. Any specific size? Any Specific areas included?

The larger map that is possible. Big dimension, more details. As for specific areas I would include the whole Scadinavian nations on the north, a big poriton of Russia (so you can include a big portion of Ottoman nation and the kaghanates) a little portion of africa on the south and for the west I would leave a portion of Atlantic sea to include the Madeira or the canary Island because I have an idea to utilise these....;)

The larger map that is possible. Big dimension, more details. As for specific areas I would include the whole Scadinavian nations on the north, a big poriton of Russia (so you can include a big portion of Ottoman nation and the kaghanates) a little portion of africa on the south and for the west I would leave a portion of Atlantic sea to include the Madeira or the canary Island because I have an idea to utilise these....;)

Do you want Egypt? I'm using another grip for the map (rotating around 20 degrees) so it looks a little bit weird.
But today I got rob 1 block away from my house, so I need to take care of those RL issues. The Map will be ready next week.

Do you want Egypt? I'm using another grip for the map (rotating around 20 degrees) so it looks a little bit weird.
But today I got rob 1 block away from my house, so I need to take care of those RL issues. The Map will be ready next week.

Right, Egypt is needed. I have in mind some Ottoman/egyptian units.....

So what do you need?

We need help for example in historical research about units for example. But whatever help is needed: ideas, suggestions, grafics stuff as Tech Icons, possible tech trees and so on.;)

Top Bottom