Project Maintenance

Afforess

The White Wizard
Hi guys, popping in to ask a question and lend a hand.

I noticed the download page for AND still points to the now very old 1.75 installer. I updated the link to point to the nightly build installer - but if it should be pointing to something else, let me know. I am not sure what you guys want to do with that.

Also, I noticed SourceForge is starting to try to monetize itself (which means bundling crapware with installers). If this starts affecting the SVN and downloads, let me know. I have no problems shelling out for a small private server where you can host direct downloads and manage your SVN. I don't have free time to actively contribute, but I don't want the project to suffer from something as simple as a lack of basic hosting. Money is not a concern for me, just time.

I am impressed with how far this mod has come, great work everyone. ;)

So good to see you again :)

Please share your ideas if you dont have time to moding yourself.

I noticed the download page for AND still points to the now very old 1.75 installer. I updated the link to point to the nightly build installer - but if it should be pointing to something else, let me know. I am not sure what you guys want to do with that.

Also, I noticed SourceForge is starting to try to monetize itself (which means bundling crapware with installers). If this starts affecting the SVN and downloads, let me know. I have no problems shelling out for a small private server where you can host direct downloads and manage your SVN. I don't have free time to actively contribute, but I don't want the project to suffer from something as simple as a lack of basic hosting. Money is not a concern for me, just time.

I am impressed with how far this mod has come, great work everyone. ;)

It's great to see you again here Afforess! :)

About the old link to 1.75C, we've left it there because when we started modding AND2 we didn't know how far we could go or even if we were able to make it stable enough to be of any use. So we've left 1.75C download link so that anyone wanting to play your last "final" version was able to do so.
We had some troubles some months ago with Sourceforge but only because they were changing the repository location; it looks like everything's working now and although I don't use the nightly build download link since some weeks, I think it's still working (as is SVN). But of course thank you for your offer.:)

We're really close to a "final" release of AND2.1, I'm still working a bit on balancing but it should be available very soon. After AND2.1 release, we'll upload Vokarya's new tech tree which is looking very good and that will be AND2.2 beta.

And of course most of the improvements have been imported from C2C so credit to (mostly) Koshling, AIAndy and Thunderbrd is necessary. It's been a very long work importing code from C2C and tweaking it for AND2 purposes, but it's been fun as well.

I'm glad you appreciate our results; but most of it it's still your work and you're always more than welcome every time you feel like lending a hand in whatever way you feel appropriate. :)

So good to see you again :)

Please share your ideas if you dont have time to moding yourself.

I'm never gone! Simply indisposed.

45°38'N-13°47'E;12670842 said:
It's great to see you again here Afforess! :)

About the old link to 1.75C, we've left it there because when we started modding AND2 we didn't know how far we could go or even if we were able to make it stable enough to be of any use. So we've left 1.75C download link so that anyone wanting to play your last "final" version was able to do so.
We had some troubles some months ago with Sourceforge but only because they were changing the repository location; it looks like everything's working now and although I don't use the nightly build download link since some weeks, I think it's still working (as is SVN). But of course thank you for your offer.:)

Alright, glad to hear things are moving smoothly. If your situation should change, my offer stands indefinitely. I can always be contacted at Afforess[at]gmail.com.
45°38'N-13°47'E;12670842 said:
We're really close to a "final" release of AND2.1, I'm still working a bit on balancing but it should be available very soon. After AND2.1 release, we'll upload Vokarya's new tech tree which is looking very good and that will be AND2.2 beta.

And of course most of the improvements have been imported from C2C so credit to (mostly) Koshling, AIAndy and Thunderbrd is necessary. It's been a very long work importing code from C2C and tweaking it for AND2 purposes, but it's been fun as well.

I'm glad you appreciate our results; but most of it it's still your work and you're always more than welcome every time you feel like lending a hand in whatever way you feel appropriate. :)

That sounds really awesome. I'm really tempted to re-install and try a new game.

Heya, Afforess! Do it, do it! Even I DLed the new version to try it out and I hadn't played Civ IV in nearly three years. :)

Just be warned that balancing is still in progress; probably the best settings to play right now are Blitz-Large-Noble, but I'm still working on it (and other combinations of settings as well). ;)

Also, I noticed SourceForge is starting to try to monetize itself (which means bundling crapware with installers). If this starts affecting the SVN and downloads, let me know. I have no problems shelling out for a small private server where you can host direct downloads and manage your SVN.

If you guys are still using my nightly builds: They are scripted on a private server, using the original installhammer script. Source Forge has nothing to do with that. :)

That box is majorly oversized for its regular mundane tasks, so if you need a personal repository, lemme know. :) No need to waste money. :)

If you guys are still using my nightly builds: They are scripted on a private server, using the original installhammer script. Source Forge has nothing to do with that. :)

That box is majorly oversized for its regular mundane tasks, so if you need a personal repository, lemme know. :) No need to waste money. :)

Thank you Mantriur but so far things are working well; and yes, we still use your nightly builds; it's an extremely useful tool for people who don't want to mess with Tortoise SVN. ;)

I miss the 1.75 version would it be possible to re-add a download link to it at least until the new version officially comes out?

I miss the 1.75 version would it be possible to re-add a download link to it at least until the new version officially comes out?

Actually AND2.2 beta is far more stable and enhanced and faster than 1.75C. However, if you still want to play 1.75C, you can find the download link in the Main Download Information thread (it's a sticky thread). The link is in the spoiler at the end of the first post.

Top Bottom