Cosmic Fox

Civ 6 Addict - TB Mod Collaborator
I was wondering if any of you are planning to do any total conversion modpacks or maybe something like Caveman 2 Cosmos made for civ 4?

I want to see this happen and would love to take part in the creation. Of course we have to wait on the SDK tools, tweaks to modding but it appears to me that we can indeed do some serious modifications to Civ 6. Civ 5 this wasn't really possible it seems, I dropped civ 5 like a heart attack due to the poor modding.

Huge projects redesigning the graphics etc, anyone planning such an endeavor? :)

I had thought of something like that talking to my son about this new rendition of Civilization. Why don't we make our initial leaders die off overtime instead of living for 1000's of years. It would be much more interesting and add a lot of depth to this fantastic game. The AI would not be included in this, as it would require the game code to make it work. Instead see if it is indeed possible to do what your speaking of at all, and to see if my idea can be implemented within the modding parameters that Firaxis allows us.

If this can be done it would be incredible addition to Civ 6. :D

Great idea and I wonder why no one else who is into mods or modding has replied? lol Is it who you know or in the know, what is the deal to get replies :)

I was wondering if any of you are planning to do any total conversion modpacks or maybe something like Caveman 2 Cosmos made for civ 4?

I want to see this happen and would love to take part in the creation. Of course we have to wait on the SDK tools, tweaks to modding but it appears to me that we can indeed do some serious modifications to Civ 6. Civ 5 this wasn't really possible it seems, I dropped civ 5 like a heart attack due to the poor modding.

Huge projects redesigning the graphics etc, anyone planning such an endeavor? :)
IMO Civ5 was a very decent modding platform, but suffered from a very bad release (meaning the base game), Civ6 is very promising, but at this moment, without the Civ6 SDK, I can do less things that what I could do with Civ5 before it's own SDK (and without even talking of the DLL access)

About projects, I have some unfinished business with civ5, and the direct mod support in MP (ultimately that's what makes me quit civ5 modding) makes me want to fix that.

I mean I had Historical Spawn Date, TSL maps, and Revolutions on one side for "normal" civ5 gameplay, resources stockpiling, attritions and supply lines in my WW2 total conversion, and front lines, limited stacking, counter-fire, support-fire and other combat events for both, I hope to join everything in a civ6 project.

So bring on the tools Firaxis, please :D

Pins and needles waiting it is a bit nerve racking to say the least. (No offense at all to people who enjoyed Civ 5) I personally found civ5 to be a dumb down version of civ much like that horrible rendition on the consoles called Revolution. There are so many things I have found to annoy the crap out of me with Civ 5. Mods helped, Brave new world helped a lot, but I beat the game 2x and never had a desire to play it again. I went back to civ 4 and playing all the great mods that was made for it.

Civ5 was limited and why there were NOT many great total conversion mods made for it. Unless you guys did some magic with civ5 since I stopped playing. lol Civ 6 seems to have more the potential, it shows more promise then any civ game to date imo.

Good luck on your civ5 projects man, I hope you are successful and fans find it enjoyable. :thumbsup:

They are already done and working (most were made before we had DLL access), I wish I could have done more for the WWII total conversion but I'm on civ6 now.

And will stay on it if the promises are confirmed... but at this moment we are a bit limited.

Top Bottom