Proposed Constitutional Rehaul (ie "Strider's Proposal)

Do you approve of the proposed changes to the Constitution?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Moderator Action: Abstain votes from Perfection and stickciv invalided as they are not registered. If you are not registered for the demogame, please do so, as these polls are for citizens of the demogame.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Speaking as a citizen...

Perhaps we can invalidate these two votes because:

[quote[[20:32] <Perfection> Then I'll register just so I can abstain
[20:33] <stickciv> same here[/quote].

CivGeneral said:
Dave, I hope you are not targeting me because of that.

I said nothing of the sort, only that someone had flip-flopped and it was not the person who asked a vote to be changed. What anyone chooses to infer from that statement is their own responsibility. :crazyeye:

DaveShack said:
I said nothing of the sort, only that someone had flip-flopped and it was not the person who asked a vote to be changed. What anyone chooses to infer from that statement is their own responsibility. :crazyeye:
Ok, since I did clearly stated that I do support the non-traditionalits consitution (change of opinion as seen in the article I have written to the Camelot Paper) and thought that you have read the article and beleved that I have gone to the non-traditionalits (which I did).

I felt that it was an attack on someone who supported the non-traditionalits consitution but then voted for this proposal on the right to vote freely without hassle.

We should burry the hatchet between the two groups and respect the right to vote without being hassled after voting in a public poll. I would voted yes for this poll if we are starting a new demogame, but since we already have a consitution inplace, I feel that it would be a hassle to change now.

Anyway, I do agree with Strider's consitution and I do hope that it will be applied to the next demogame.

CG, your vote is yours to use as you see fit at the moment. Your last post indicates you support both constitutions, is that a confirmation of your desire to change to Abstain, or a reaffirmation of the actual vote of Yes? I do not want a repeat of Florida 2000, so please remove this hanging chad, one way or the other. :D

Dave, I have sent you a PM to breffly talk to you about that topic privately.

Its a reaffirmation of the actual vote of yes, eventhough my vote wont matter. As a recently convert to the alternative consitution. I do not wish to be involved in the witch hunts :p ;).

CG, your vote is yours to use as you see fit at the moment. Your last post indicates you support both constitutions, is that a confirmation of your desire to change to Abstain, or a reaffirmation of the actual vote of Yes? I do not want a repeat of Florida 2000, so please remove this hanging chad, one way or the other.

lol now no matter what the outcome the losers can say the poll was invailed

Nobody said:
lol now no matter what the outcome the losers can say the poll was invailed

It would have to be much closer for that to be a problem.

DaveShack said:
It would have to be much closer for that to be a problem.

Actually, the poll that implemented our current constitution was invalid as it didn't run the required amount of time. So technically we have no constitution.

Strider said:
Actually, the poll that implemented our current constitution was invalid as it didn't run the required amount of time. So technically we have no constitution.
where did it say it had to run a certain # of hours? The articles for modifying the Constitution and CoL were ratified after the constitution. Technically it just needed a majority, but it get about 85% i believe...

Black_Hole said:
where did it say it had to run a certain # of hours? The articles for modifying the Constitution and CoL were ratified after the constitution. Technically it just needed a majority, but it get about 85% i believe...

The "ratifying the constitution" discussion.

Strider said:
The "ratifying the constitution" discussion.
i am not a fan of using discussions to ratify something...
if we go by this, a majority of people in the alternate government discussions approved of it, so there its ratified!

Thank goodness for this poll. It will be nice to decisively move on from this unfortunate sideshow once and for all.

Or will we...........................................................................? :mischief:

Somethin' tells me "no" :lol:

Donovan Zoi said:
Thank goodness for this poll. It will be nice to decisively move on from this unfortunate sideshow once and for all.

Or will we...........................................................................? :mischief:

Somethin' tells me "no" :lol:

I would agree, I wish to see the hatchet once and foreall :mischief:.

What is so hard about cooperating? Is there something in the constitution forbidding it? Too many of you approach this game with this misguided egoism that prevents you from taking any criticism from your fellow players. You(plural, for those of you who are too sensitive) are not always right, and if you can't learn to listen to the criticism of others you aren't going to get very far in life...or in the demogame. This game is all about cooperation, and if you can't do that, please don't play. I've had enough of this. There is a constitution in place. If you don't like it, learn to live with it for the time being, just as I'm learning to live with GWB being my president. If you want to make a positive change, amend it, but that means you will have to get the majority to agree to that amendment. None of your votes matter more than the other, and no matter how strongly you feel you are right, there is a possibility that you are wrong. Play the game...it is actually a lot of fun if people try to play as a team, and if you don't...well the Dutch are likely to subjugate us.;)

I voted No.

Frankly, if there is one thing that will drive me away from this demogame then it is these endless "debates" about new constitutions. They seem to have more to do with the past than with the present, anyway.

Our present constitution is vague, ambiguous, confusing and self-contradictory. This new proposal is vague, ambiguous, confusing and self-contradictory :) What's the gain? (please don't explain.) Maybe we should spend our efforts trying to make the present system work. Perhaps some of us would be willing to help if the bickering finally stops :)

On a second not, please amend my vote to abstain. I realized on a closer read that this was as ambigious as the existing one, and we would have to respecify new amendments and JR's. as DS has learnt his lesson to specify things, I will support the new reform movement that solves problems on a running basis.

Top Bottom