Proud to be an American (Where at least I know that people revel in Japan's suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrt144

Deity
http://youropenbook.org/?q=pearl+harbor&gender=any

So I'm really really really mad right now that there are people that not sarcastically are proposing that the earthquake and tsunami are karmic justice or divine retribution for Pearl Harbor. If you have any backbone and sense of morality and you hear someone say this, you should put them in their place. I seriously can't believe there are people who think this is "payback" despite the two atom bombs, and firebombing of Japan.

This is not how a civilized citizenry acts.

Not that I condone, approve, or other wise think those posts are anything but wrong, but man, this is the internet.

Edit: on second thought, contrasting those few entires with the results for pray +japan

http://youropenbook.org/?q=pray+japan&gender=any

Where the Pearl Harbor search gets a few results before going past the earthquake and people talking about the film / location, pray +japan is filled with "less than a minute ago"

Seems like a pretty good ratio.

Not that I condone, approve, or other wise think those posts are anything but wrong, but man, this is the internet.

Edit: on second thought, contrasting those few entires with the results for pray +japan

http://youropenbook.org/?q=pray+japan&gender=any

Where the Pearl Harbor search gets a few results before going past the earthquake and people talking about the film / location, pray +japan is filled with "less than a minute ago"

Seems like a pretty good ratio.

Still though, this is the internet...with real people from facebook posting.

Still though, this is the internet...with real people from facebook posting.

So there's like a half dozen morons and countless people asking others to pray for Japan. If you want to live in a world where the former doesn't exist, you'd be best to learn how to lucid dream.

On the bright side, you have real names and can send them nasty letters. You know, in the old mail.

So there's like a half dozen morons and countless people asking others to pray for Japan. If you want to live in a world where the former doesn't exist, you'd be best to learn how to lucid dream.

On the bright side, you have real names and can send them nasty letters. You know, in the old mail.

I can be dismayed with morons if i want to be.

As if the Nuking of Nagasaki & Hiroshima didn't more than make up for their bombing Pearl Harbor. :rolleyes:

I'm glad that there are more people who are as outraged as you are over the same thing that you are outraged over than there are people making the outrageous statement in the first place. As always, youropenbook leads to sad face.

If the earthquake was karmic justice over Pearl Harbor, I wonder if 9/11 was karmic justice for internment.

When does Unit 731 get checked off the karma list? Or has it been already?

I bet a large percentage of people making these claims are Christian fundamentalists. Ironic to see them mis-applying such a bogus Eastern religious concept.

9/11 was karmic justice for that stupid "Walk Like an Egyptian" song and music video in the '80s.

What's especially discouraging is how some of those morons are actually in the military, judging by their profile pics.

The posts on the Pearl Harbor search are overwhelmingly people being angry at others calling this Karma. I don't see the point in being upset when it's pretty evident that the vast majority are decent.

The amazing thing is how many new posts about Japan and Pearl Harbor have sprung up on openbook in the last hour. It's as if someone posted the search link to reddit and created a story out of a few hicks in Georgia.

With seven billion people on the planet there are bound to be at any given time at least thousands of people saying completely stupid and despicable things at every hour of every day. No need to let it bother you.

This is kind of silly because pearl harbor happened generations ago. There is probably no one alive from that time that is affected by this event.

A better example is how America got what it deserved on 9/11. This is more relevant, because the people who support the politicians who perpetrated the Gulf war and other interference into middle east matters are still alive today. The americans deserved to be punished because they voted these politicians into office. There are no such thing as innocent victims when you live in a democracy. But Japan is different, as their citizens had no choice but to go to war, they didn't vote their emperor into power.

If the earthquake was karmic justice over Pearl Harbor, I wonder if 9/11 was karmic justice for internment.

Ouch!

Runs the point home though that massive loss of life on either side as "karmic justice" is just a horrible thing to say.

---

The internet gives everyone a voice. Even complete morons, sadly. Liberty's beautiful!

Agreed. I am not going to let a couple of morons make me say that the whole country is enjoying Japan's tragedy.

With seven billion people on the planet there are bound to be at any given time at least thousands of people saying completely stupid and despicable things at every hour of every day. No need to let it bother you.
Agreed. I really don't think that a couple of wackos that have Facebook accounts can really be used to judge a country with as many people as we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom