Prove that God doesn't exist

Originally posted by Esckey
@WinstonJen

To prove that He isn't all full of love and forgivness, that He will hurt those that believe in Him and worship Him to get His point across to the masses that if you f*** with Him, He ain't gonna stand for it.

I don't understand - are you saying that God permitted these atrocities to occur to prove that it's better not to mess with him ? Or are you being ironic ?

Originally posted by Esckey

There are a great many things that you can't prove exisits even though it does.
Certainly, but what we're being asked to do in this thread is to prove that something doesn't exist, and that is next to impossible.

Well, I know from experience that people such as yourselves wouldn't change if the Almighty slapped you in the face. I'm done with this thread.

Originally posted by Kilroy

I am eek! I forgot my pass a while ago and remembered it when I got it from another forum

Which forum would that be?

Speedo:

Well, I know from experience that people such as yourselves wouldn't change if the Almighty slapped you in the face. I'm done with this thread.

Ah, an ad hominem, accusing atheists of being blind to evidence. :rolleyes:

The fact that you have decided not to deal with this thread any further indicates that you have forfeited the argument, as you have no ideas left. Boo hoo.

Originally posted by Sir Eric
What will be considered Proof.

1) Eye witness account(s)
2) Documented recording(s) or any type of literature that can catergorically prove that God doesn't exist.
3) An encounter. If you can PROVE that you have had an encounter with God this will be accepted SO LONG as you can produce at least 3 credible witness' that can back up what you are saying.

Are you sure? Aren't those exactly what SHOULD NOT be considered proof?

That said, I would not try to argue whether god(s) exist or not, since I do not know and I know that you do not know. However, I can demonstrate that god(s), if existent, are irrelevant. Just read up on all the previous threads on this on the first page.

It's a question of belief. No one has incontrovertible evidence to support either claim so like all threads on subjects like this they are utterly pointless. Someone mentioned earlier about God punishing those who don't believe- i think that is just scaremongering! I believe in a God yet only have my faith to support my feelings.

Originally posted by Ian Beale
It's a question of belief. No one has incontrovertible evidence to support either claim so like all threads on subjects like this they are utterly pointless.

No they're not - they expose the fraud of theists and their religions. ;)

Originally posted by DancesWithGoats

That sounds plausible. But diseases like the flue/plague/aids/pox have killed dozens of millions of people. If God really cares for us, why did he create them? (or allow them to be evolved)
Diseases were not part of God's original creation. Adam and Eve knew no sickness in the garden of Eden. However, we are told that the wages of sin is death. These calamaties came upon all of mankind, because of Adam's sin. It is exactly because God allows us free will, that not only mankind but nature is corrupted as a result. The Bible says the "creation is in bondage to decay", which is perhaps its way of expressing the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics. So rather than God directly creating these things, it is better said that these things came upon mankind, due to (Adam's) sin.

Originally posted by Mojotronica
But the basic principle of having faith that life is essentially fair -- that seems very healthy to me.

"Life is unfair." -John F. Kennedy

I happen to agree with JFK.

ADAM's sin you say... It was that wench Eve's fault. "Hey Adam, look what I got. Go ahead. Eat it." Damn woman...

Originally posted by Speedo
Air is made up of gasses. Wind moves those gasses. Wind is not a gas.

Wind is not a gas? Hey, pass the baked beans! :D

Originally posted by floppa21
ADAM's sin you say... It was that wench Eve's fault. "Hey Adam, look what I got. Go ahead. Eat it." Damn woman...

Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands.--Col.3:18

Sure, Eve sinned first. But, Adam was responsible for her. We are even told that "the 2 shall become one flesh." Even your own quote shows that the husband must take responsibility in a marriage.

This is what a man gets when he listens to his wife :rolleyes:

Well heck, my sig was supposed to be the whole, "Woman, do as your husband says." Know yer role and all that chauvinist fun. :)

It is generally accepted in philosophy that God can neither be definitively proven or disproven. Even so, I believe in God, for both cosmological and teleological reasons.

However, the most basic reason that I believe in God is this: Either matter or God has existed forever; it seems more plausible that there would be one overwhelmingly powerful eternal force that created all of the similar, yet disparate atomic matter in the universe than for it to have all just have appeared. The amazing way that the great science of chemisry works, with all of its interactive puzzle pieces (atomic matter), indicates to me a designer who created it. I Thomas Paine, in The Age of Reason eloquently stated: "As incomprehensible and difficult as it is for a man to conceive what a first cause is (God), he arrives at the belief of it due to the tenfold greater difficulty of disbelieving it." I fully agree with his statement.

Originally posted by JonathanValjean
The amazing way that the great science of chemisry works, with all of its interactive puzzle pieces (atomic matter), indicates to me a designer who created it. I Thomas Paine, in The Age of Reason eloquently stated: "As incomprehensible and difficult as it is for a man to conceive what a first cause is (God), he arrives at the belief of it due to the tenfold greater difficulty of disbelieving it." I fully agree with his statement.

Who created the designer? Why is it ludicrous to believe that the universe always existed, but not ludicrous to believe that an independent creator always existed?

Sure, Eve sinned first. But, Adam was responsible for her.

But the F!_!cked up deity who put the tree in the garden in the first place gets off scot free?

Originally posted by floppa21
Well heck, my sig was supposed to be the whole, "Woman, do as your husband says." Know yer role and all that chauvinist fun. :)

This is an OT joke, but what the hey:

Q: What's worse than a male chauvinist pig?

A: A woman who doesn't do as she's told! :lol:

(Only a joke, I kid cause I love
:D )

Several of you have expressed the sentiment that if God loves Man, how can he allow bad things to happen?

I can only speak for the Christian God, because that is the only God I know and the only one that I believe exists.

Someone said something earlier to the effect that basically God put us on earth so he could "play" with us.

This could not be farther from the truth. The Bible explains that we are God's children. If we are God's children, why is it so hard to believe that if God loves us, bad things can still happen.

I am blessed to have loving parents. When they taught me to ride a bike they held on to the bike as I first rode it. When they let go, I fell over and got scraped up. HOW CAN THEY ALLOW THAT TO HAPPEN!!! WHAT HORRIBLE PARENTS THEY MUST BE!! THAT REALLY HURT!!! According to some of you, they should be locked away! But if they never let go, I'd never have learned how to balance that bike on my own. In the same way, these "bad things" that happen to us are designed to teach us, strengthen our character, and focus our lives on the Lord. Sometimes what happens to us is even to benefit someone else.

I could give you numerous times (and I'm sure someone will ask for examples) of when what seemed to be a "bad thing" ended up for good and if you think it's just coincidence I beg to differ.

As for those atrocities which were done in the Lord's name, I do not think that they were necessarily blessed by God. The Second Commandment is "Don't use the Lord's name in vain" This is what I believe happened in those cases.

CurtSibling, you accuse people of speaking for God, yet you seem to think it is OK to speak for all mankind throughout history. Were you there when these people "invented" God? How do you know what they did or did not do? Your history of religion is nothing more than speculation and in my opinion extremely biased, but you argue with people that it is the truth, or should i say "great lie."

I am sorry that some of you feel that you are angry with God. At one point in my life I felt like that, but I realized that God is love, and that my anger was more with people and not with God. Knowing that the Lord forgives me made it easier for me to forgive others and move on.

I would like to thank you all for sharing your comments and hope that you accept what I have said since I have patiently read your posts as well.

The only difference between God and my parents is that God supposedly is omnipotent and has the power to stop bad things from happening to me, while my parents can't.

Originally posted by Benderino
If God exist's, "why do bad things happen to good people?...why am I so fat?"

--Quoted from the Simpsons.

As much as we religious people want to believe, Satan and the forces of evil can't be controlled very easily, and they interfere in our lives. You see, Satan is not an ordinary mortal, according to the scripture Satan will be cast down during the Apocalypse, but until then he will continue to hurt our lives.

Originally posted by nihilistic

Are you sure? Aren't those exactly what SHOULD NOT be considered proof?

That said, I would not try to argue whether god(s) exist or not, since I do not know and I know that you do not know. However, I can demonstrate that god(s), if existent, are irrelevant. Just read up on all the previous threads on this on the first page.

I was throwing up some ideas as to what should or should not be consiidered proof. If you have an alternate suggestion please post it.
I'm no lawyer or archeologist so I dont know what criteria they would use to authenticate proof but I wanted for people to say what they thought would constitute as proof as well as giving some so that they could substantiate their claim.
Unfortunately this didn't happen and the thread has decayed into chaos, as has CurtSibling's thread.

If people could stick to the thread topic and give evidence or proof or a mature arguemant as to why God doesn't exist that would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom