Provinces

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
How big do we want our provinces to grow before creating new ones and electing more governors? Do we want to divide the cities of the time into provinces, or divide the land ahead of time? Or perhaps make provinces of our captured enemies? Or maybe a mixture of these methods?

I would say by number of cities. Dividing East/ West or North/South is fine. Or we can have an inner ring and an outer ring.

6-8 cities seems a good number to represent a province. Our "core" would make a province, then from there we could go by region. For example, the area north of Maeve could become "The Northlands" (Northumbria?). The area west of our capital could be "the Midlands"(I'm sure someone can come up with more romantic names).

We now have 9 cities. Does this constitute a Province? Should we start making maps?

Here's my proposal dividing the country into two main provinces (Red and Green). I tried to use Natural or semi-natural borders as the defining borders. Blue and Yellow are just additional potential provinces for expansion with no real boundary other then what they share with the Red and Green provinces.

And here's a slightly clearer image of the border lines

I like it, Falc. Let's get somemore responses and we'll run I poll.

What's the Gaelic for center or core? What about west? The center/core land and the west lands.

Looks like we won't need an approval poll on this, unless we want one. I'll try to find a Celtic Dictionary for those translations.

Not much luck finding words. First, I could not find a West. Nor could I find a Falcon or Haven. I did find the words below.

choice = *tu-gustu
civilised = *gworo
crown = *mindi
east = *φari-tero

φ might be a QU sound? Didn't get that far. Quari-tero?

Bingo.

I guess West for the Irish would be the same as Water, huh. :lol:

Nice. But we wouldn't want to piss off those Barbarians in the Capital. j/k ;)

So, with our new Provinces laid out, The President gets to assign a Governor to our new Province. President DaveShack, will you assign a Governor to sit for the end of this Term and on into the next?

Top Bottom