Public Beta: X-COM Invasion scenario

Mars you say.....funny you should mention it. I'm planning a "Colony Wars" series of scenerios, which will feature Mars as a playable nation. BTW Bebro, you should really think of getting back into making more Sci-Fi infantry, your work is phenominal, and I'd really like to see what more you can cook up.

hey, cant wait for the update to cum out? early september right? i've been leaving off downloading ur excellent scenario so far cos i wanna wait till the version which uses c3c features is released.

Nice! But i can't use it right now... I edited all the ini files to enable it for spanish version. I made a library with ALL civ3 and c3c sounds in art/units/Z and eases me to edit them, but C3C doesnt work ok... All the strings are changed, and the only I can read are the Civilopedia and unit names.
Why dont you put your individual units (snakemen, floaters, sectoids...) in the Units forum?

P.D.: I can give you all the xcom units in BMPs (they are frame by frame), but not the soldiers because they are divided in many files (arm, arm w. weapon, torso, head, legs)

Sorry to bump again, but does anyone have the city graphics that he used in this scenario? The files aren't available anymore since CDG is down, and I really need the humans cities.

Download the scenario and take them out.

How can i download the scenario, when it's not available anymore?

Yoda, I have that scenario and all its different biq files. Compressed it's only 73 megs so I was able to fit it on rapidshare. Here's the DL LINK

It's a free download but can be a little confusing if you've never used it before. Let me know if you have any problems DL-ing it.

Waste of my time. ;)

I'm just in the "it's useless to have any other forums than CFC" boat.

You're gonna be extra glad you tagged me mate as I downloaded @KingArthur 's copy of BeBro's X-COM Invasion Beta scenario and was about to test & upload to CFC, but then I discovered that I already have a copy of this mod too (just hadn't tested it yet) and best of all my copy appears to have that 15meg custom intro video mentioned in the OP! However my copy doesn't seem to load properly in either my disc copy or my steam copy of Civ3 Complete so I guess I'll take the video from my copy and put it with King Arthur's working copy and we'll be good to go!

Also neither my copy or King Arthur's copy had @BeBro 's custom title image sadly, HOWEVER I put the old title download link in the OP into webarchive wayback machine and it friggin worked! I got the title screen! Have added it into the art folder. :)

I've tested this 'hybrid' copy with my disc install of Civ3 (steam install users will need to modify label files) and all seems well! :)

Oh and I should mention that the original post in this thread wasn't updated to say it's a Conquests scenario instead of a PTW one but I figured it out eventually lol. EDIT: Have crossed that part out.

I've repacked with 7zip (down to 62MB) and uploaded a copy of the mod to CivFanatics servers to preserve his work. Should BeBro return to CFC he can modify his original post download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone ones. EDIT: As part of the dead mod link rescue/replacement project I'm working on with Quintilius I've now edited the original thread post's download link for this mod to link to here instead of the long gone one.
https://www.civfanatics.com/users/downloads/civ3/X-COM_Invasion.7z

Intro video:
XCOM1.png

Title screen:
XCOM2.png

Faction selection:
XCOM3.png

X-COM forces in America:
XCOM4.png

Aliens having a good time in Australia (look at that dreadnought!):
XCOM5.png

Last edited: