Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

The other option is that you are using a different theme to the default one. The colour of the load error box suggests that. In the default theme it would be blue not brown.

I am not sure what has to be done to make screens work with other themes. Does the old pedia work? The one that comes with C2C not this mod.

Spoiler Previous post :
So, no new Sevopedia for me, I guess.
As I said, you can get the new pedia to work by not adding the Resource and XML folder provided in this modmod.
v0.4.4
  • Two new promotion sub categories: "Build Up" & "Status"
  • Optimization.
Spoiler P.S. :
There is a big problem in the pedia when the displayed text name for two objects is the same eg building Lighthouse and improvement Lighthouse, it goes to the wrong one if you want the improvement. That is why the improvement is now called "A Lighthouse". Jaguar was the previous one being both an animal and a warrior.
That's a very strange bug. Does the pedia look it up by the text rather than the key? I thought the whole point of having an XML file with textual values was to avoid this problem.
The pedia does not look it up by name, something goes wrong before the pedia is initiated. The problem may lie in the exe, or possibly in the dll.
I haven't had time to investigate the matter any further than this.

Last edited:
v0.4.4
  • Two new promotion sub categories: "Build Up" & "Status"
  • Optimization.
Do we already have equipments and afflictions separated out? I'm pretty sure I know we do with equipment. Soon Afflictions being in a different category could be very important too.

Can we have national/world wonders as main categories, so you could pick them by era like normal buildings?

Spoiler Previous post :
Can we have national/world wonders as main categories, so you could pick them by era like normal buildings?
Yes, but the code required would be far more extensive than what's needed for most other categories.
Building category is already the most extensive main category code-wise; and splitting it into more categories makes all the building type categories more complex than what the one is now.
The request is noted but will be considered very low priority on my list.
v0.4.5
  • Overhauled Bonus pedia pages.

Spoiler Previous post :
That did it. Thanks for helping me work around my idiocy!
No problem, just remember to double check your mod folder name before the next time you begin a new game.
v0.4.6
  • Overhauled Corporation pedia pages
  • It no longer takes 10 seconds to open the page for a corporation.

I think I may have installed this wrong, all the font in the game went bold and big. Also Sevopedia no longer loaded at all. What I did was copied the contents of the folder to root folder of Caveman2Cosmos mod. I could not find instructions for installing ModMods. The folder is named correctly by the way and I am using the latest SVN.
Edit:
I had it installed in the Mod subfolder, but that did not seem to do anything. I moved it to the My Mods subsubfolder and that caused the errors that Little Abigail had.

Last edited:
I think I may have installed this wrong, all the font in the game went bold and big. Also Sevopedia no longer loaded at all. What I did was copied the contents of the folder to root folder of Caveman2Cosmos mod. I could not find instructions for installing ModMods. The folder is named correctly by the way and I am using the latest SVN.
Edit:
I had it installed in the Mod subfolder, but that did not seem to do anything. I moved it to the My Mods subsubfolder and that caused the errors that Little Abigail had.
It's supposed to be copied to your caveman2cosmos folder, Assets overwrite Assets, etc.
I'm not sure what might be wrong, maybe I uploaded the wrong files in the latest version, anyone else have any problems with it?

It would help me a lot if you turn on python debugging and see what error message you get when opening the pedia, a screenshot would be nice.
Spoiler My Games\Beyond the Sword\CivilizationIV.ini :
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 0

Last edited:
I do not get error messages, nothing happens. I mean the game works just fine, just no sevopedia.

I do not get error messages, nothing happens. I mean the game works just fine, just no sevopedia.
Could you post the PythonDbg.log and PythonErr.log files?
The files are emptied every time you start a game, so first you must start the game and click a couple of times on the pedia button in the main menu before you upload the file.

Would not allow me to upload .txt files, so both files are in the archive.

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    4.2 KB · Views: 213
Would not allow me to upload .txt files, so both files are in the archive.
Thanks I figured out the problem right away.
I forgot to add the corporation pedia python file to the uploaded zip file, in the update that was all about my changes to that file. Silly me... ^^

Re uploaded v 0.4.6 in opening post (OP).

Oh, okay. Do not take this the wrong way but I am glad it was not on my end. I was really worried I had done something wrong. Thank you.

I hate to be bearer of bad news, but it is still not working.

Yes I use SVN. The modmod states to use SVN.

OK. Thank you.

Yes, and I love it.

Top Bottom