Python Performance and Interface Overhaul (PPIO)

Hi @Toffer90 , I installed c2c v39, tested it and it run fine. When I installed PPIO v0.7, first deleting UserSettings folder like you advise, I get an error when I load the mode, saying GFC error failed to initialize primary control theme (or something). The same thing occured when I previously installed the latest SVN build (10781), also tried SVN 10777, but when this happened only after installing PPIO on v39 I though it had to do with this modmod.
It is caused by either one of these two things:

1. The name of the folder that the mod is in must be exactly "Caveman2Cosmos", this was a rule before PPIO too as it caused instability to name it something else, PPIO on the other hand demands the name to be correct.

2. If you have the mod in "...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Caveman2Cosmos", even if you name that last folder correctly.
The mod must be placed in the folder where beyond the sword is installed on your system.
Should be something like: "...\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos"

Hi @Toffer90 , I installed c2c v39, tested it and it run fine. When I installed PPIO v0.7, first deleting UserSettings folder like you advise, I get an error when I load the mode, saying GFC error failed to initialize primary control theme (or something). The same thing occured when I previously installed the latest SVN build (10781), also tried SVN 10777, but when this happened only after installing PPIO on v39 I though it had to do with this modmod.
PPIO was merged after V39 release

Mod folder must be named exactly Caveman2Cosmos
It must be in <Game folder>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\, not in My Documents.

I have the entire game installed in my Documents folder :/ . It is running fine without the PPIO, but it seems as a very needed mod if it speeds civilopedia that much.
Looks like I'll reinstall the game

Hi again, the PPIO works wonderful indeed in terms of speeding up civilopedia and city screens, great job!!!
But now the domestic advisor overview is messed up, you can no longer use it to order builds in cities. That is very helpful when you select multiple cities (for instance all cities running research), sort based on features and queue up builds massively. Any chance this feature can be gained back somehow in an update?

Hi again, the PPIO works wonderful indeed in terms of speeding up civilopedia and city screens, great job!!!
But now the domestic advisor overview is messed up, you can no longer use it to order builds in cities. That is very helpful when you select multiple cities (for instance all cities running research), sort based on features and queue up builds massively. Any chance this feature can be gained back somehow in an update?

Hi, I also requested this some time ago, perhaps, it would be considered as a future update? I mean, the new interface is indeed quite nice to work with, but when managing multiple cities (that could be spread out over a large area), it becomes a little tedious when using alt+click. It's been 3 months since the last request, perhaps, there's been a roadmap update regarding this feature?

But now the domestic advisor overview is messed up, you can no longer use it to order builds in cities.
yes, it's a pain that I need to open each city extra, very unhandy. My complains:
- (Image 0) Not user-friendly: too long distance for mouse (hand movement mouse control) when selecting / buying and no way to select and buy multiple. Also, I cannot see what units are in my city while this is open, as also covered
- (image 1) Overlay covers left city symbols for city selection
- (image 1) No Windows function multiple selection/sorting/marking to give the same order to several cities (CTR-Shift)
- (image 2) Unlike other pages here no size adjustable, so everything is just too huge

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 396
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 338
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 315
For the first one, increase icon size @WP007, its the dropdown menut on the top right part of the city screen. You can also chance the size by the BUG menu.

It's been 3 months since the last request, perhaps, there's been a roadmap update regarding this feature?
No roadmap, sorry. I've modded C2C for about 3 hours the last 3 months and haven't thought about C2C much outside those three hours. I have noted the request though, and I will look into improving the dom. adv. at some point.

- (image 1) No Windows function multiple selection/sorting/marking to give the same order to several cities (CTR-Shift)
You can do that clicking on the city bars. I have rarely ever used the domestic advisor because it's easy enough to do it from the map... Ctrl-click on a city bar to select all cities on the continent, alt-click to select all cities you own everywhere, shift-click to add or remove selectively a city from the group. Then you can add to queue with shift to add to the end and ctrl to add to the beginning. It's not uncommon for me to have a new powerful building become available and select all the cities I want to add that building to the beginning of the queue for at once, then ctrl-click to put that building upfront for all of them.

Hopefully that helps until Toffer90 does decide he wants to get back onto the domestic advisor.

For the first one, increase icon size @WP007, its the dropdown menut on the top right part of the city screen. You can also chance the size by the BUG menu.
works not on that page for me. Overall, there are two I can*t resize (also not by BUG menue): 1) the spy window and 2) the images with the research options at top of screen, shown after a research is done and to choose new research.

You can do that clicking on the city bars. .
CTL and Shift for me not working on domestic adviser screen, and as the overlay is too far left, city images are covered.

Domestic adviser for me is essential. If there are lot of cities which need to get new order(s) at same turn (i.e. all before are on "culture" and I want to biuld no for all these same as next) it is very time consumpting to go in 40 or more cities and set it individually.

CTL and Shift for me not working on domestic adviser screen, and as the overlay is too far left, city images are covered.
I'm not saying to do it on the domestic advisor. Forget using that screen. Just do it on the map itself when you click on the city bars.

I'm not saying to do it on the domestic advisor. Forget using that screen. Just do it on the map itself when you click on the city bars.
He doesn't want to change what all cities on a continent is building, only a selection of them on perhaps multiple continents. Doing that on the map isn't ideal, but it can be done by scrolling the map for all cities building something like "meager culture" and shift clicking their city bar when found.

He doesn't want to change what all cities on a continent is building, only a selection of them on perhaps multiple continents. Doing that on the map isn't ideal, but it can be done by scrolling the map for all cities building something like "meager culture" and shift clicking their city bar when found.
I find it ideal to do on the map because that way I know what city is what. I can only think of cities in terms of where they are... the names are too hard to remember, particularly after numerous games. I'm also just suggesting a solution in lieu of the dom adv not being fully engaged at the moment.

sorry, don't understand well. I find no way to resize the spy creen's content.

and related the domestic adviser: AND2 and earlier also C2C have/had it better, much more easy to manage mass orders

What would you like to be able to resize in the espionage advisor screen?
see image 01 and 02 I posted. The size of images and text is fine in 01, but 02 = spy screen, that is all too big, and I want to see all 40 civs on screen.
As it depends from user's monitor and distance to it, it should be as resizeable, like the other. Both, text and lines and images.

Top Bottom