[LP] Qin The Unifier Barb Exploit?

Yeah, I've noticed that in a lot of my games leaders with a more pacifists unique agenda act really aggressive while leaders with domination orientated abilities tend to turtle and not conquer other civs.
Yeah, sort of like Gandhi.

Civs like Australia and Sweden love to declare war more than actual warmonger civs like Shaka. It's so weird. Nothing in their agenda promotes warfare, yet they declare war so much more often than any other civ.

The biggest offenders are Curtin and Kristina, but i wonder if there are others. It's such an oddity I've never seen explained and it's been in this game for so many years now.

The biggest offenders are Curtin and Kristina, but i wonder if there are others.
I've noticed Gandhi and Robert the Bruce tend to be more aggressive than their agendas would suggest.

Ritually honouring one's ancestors as a central feature of court ceremony has it's benefits and dividends, I guess. :p

His agenda is that he likes peaceful Civs and will not attack if you haven't broken a promise. Depending on how they coded that last bit maybe (is he will attack if you break your promise), but in plain reading, it should be that it never generates aggression (it says he never attacks unless..., which means you're 100% safe unless..., Not that it provokes him).

As for his ability, it's only with Wars of Liberation, has seen the AI declare one?

As for his ability, it's only with Wars of Liberation, has seen the AI declare one?
Does the game actually tell you what kind of wars the AI declares? I've only seen it say that the AI declared war, not what kind.

It does when it is declared on you.
Okay, but from what I've seen, it never does when the AI declares on another AI, just "Japan declared war on Persia" without further detail.

Okay, but from what I've seen, it never does when the AI declares on another AI, just "Japan declared war on Persia" without further detail.
It never says if it's a third party war between two other players.

It does say it when you are the defender.

Apparently, Beowulf in Heroes and Legends mode can convert them too.

Wait, what?
How?

You can even get a free navy in Clans mode with Unifier Qin:
20230124145639_1.jpg20230124145641_1.jpg

Whether it is an exploit or not, it is the silliness I wanted to emphasis.

What's silly? 🤔

YouTubers @boesthius UrsaRyan JumboPixel and PotatoMcWhiskey have all rushed out videos of Yongle breaking the game,
but TBH I don't see how this Unifier Qin exploit is not more game breaking.

Perhaps Yongle in Apocalypse mode? I might try that out next...

YouTubers @boesthius UrsaRyan JumboPixel and PotatoMcWhiskey have all rushed out videos of Yongle breaking the game,
but TBH I don't see how this Unifier Qin exploit is not more game breaking.

I haven't had time to check those out, how do they break the game with Yongle? I just finished my game with him, he definitely put out some serious science, but I'm guessing I didn't do anything to "break" the game with him.

I haven't had time to check those out, how do they break the game with Yongle? I just finished my game with him, he definitely put out some serious science, but I'm guessing I didn't do anything to "break" the game with him.
I didn't see anything game-breaking either, but then I'm not a deity-level YouTuber player. I'd say that to play Yongle truly to the best of his capacity, you'd need an intuitive sense of when it's a good time to run projects and when not to. I did really enjoy my Yongle game, though. He and Tokugawa are my runaway favorites for the Leader Pass, so far.

I didn't see anything game-breaking either, but then I'm not a deity-level YouTuber player. I'd say that to play Yongle truly to the best of his capacity, you'd need an intuitive sense of when it's a good time to run projects and when not to. I did really enjoy my Yongle game, though. He and Tokugawa are my runaway favorites for the Leader Pass, so far.

It's also a little bit of the case that if 1/4 of the leaders "break the game", you can hardly call it breaking the game anymore. I would say that Yongle is on the top end of the leaders, for sure. But I don't think he's any more broken than a number of other leaders.

Like I had a good start to a new Qin game. I got lucky with a barb camp spawn near me that A. scouted me and so started to pop a unit a turn and B. decided to run Eagle Warriors. Even better is having Akkad nearby so that I can avoid walls, and being able to average basically a new Eagle Warrior every turn for like 10 turns really is a great way to build an army. And when Eagles started to become weak, another camp nearby decided that they wanted to be Toas. They didn't scout the city, so it's a much slower gain of them, but even just being able to trade a warrior for a Toa every now and then really makes the game easy.

Top Bottom