Quest for the Kings

Telgar

Everybody Smokes In Hell
Greetings all,

This scenario is part maze, part quest. The goal is to locate and destroy 19 Roman kings. In the process, navigating a maze and fullfilling different tasks so that you can move on to the next king to destroy. I've tested the scenario and everything works fine except that after destroying the last Roman king, I don't get a win. The game just keeps playing. I have it set to Regicide (destroy all Kings), and Space Race. Space Race because I couldn't figure out how to turrn everything off, seems I had to leave at least one clicked. Im hoping someone will take a look at the scenario and tell me why it doesn't give a win when the last king is destroyed. Also if someone could tell me how to get rid of the space race victory setting too. I would also like to know how to turn off great military leaders.

The scenario is playable as is, but it would be nice to have the win notification when you finish killing the kings. I would apreciate any help you guys can give. Any comments on making the scenario better would also be appreciated. Thanks ! :)

Here is the file:

Attachments

• Quest_for_the_Kings.zip
    36.4 KB · Views: 284
There are only two players in the game LizardmenRule. The human player has one king unit which can't be reached by the AI, while the AI has 19 kings. Im using C3C. You were right about being able to select no victory conditions in the editor. I didn't realize you had to hold down the Ctrl key to unselect an item. Now if I can only figure out why I don't get a win notification after all the roman kings are destroyed. Thank you for the info! :)

Cool Cloner4000! Let me know how you liked it. Im curious as to whether it actually made sense to another person besides myself. Im talking about the fullfilling tasks part. I think it is an idea that could be taken further. Perhaps it has been done already. Hope ya have fun playing it. :)

cool scenario. very fun. 2 suggestions, include a readme with the dload so that you can alert people to the tasks. for a while i was just flailing around over how to get the panzer but i was clueless. oh and the other suggestion... umm... have a good day!

I suggest more UNITS, and kings are defenseless, and when there are enemy unit I can't attack, I am sure that's how the game worked though.

I mean at least make the unit able to attack twice or blitz, since the object is to kill all the king it would be better to not to wait after every turn to attack

because some I HAD a really long waiting time after I finish a turn and it just takes forever to kill a king and capture city, is capture city even required?

What's the panzar for?

I suggest you using different terrian set to give it a more maze-look, say walls and house street that sort of stuff, sure beats normal roads and moutain.

A quite unique experience I'll say!!!!

Im glad you enjoyed it King Coltrane. A readme would be a good idea. Should of thought of that. I will definetly add that. Since you figured out how to get the panzer, you must have figured out the rest. Good job! :)

Cloner4000 said:
I suggest more UNITS, and kings are defenseless, and when there are enemy unit I can't attack, I am sure that's how the game worked though.

I thought of adding more units actually. How many and to what use im not sure, but it feels like it could use more. I left the Kings defenseless because I didn't think it really mattered. Finding them was the important thing. Which doesn't mean they shouldn't or couldn't put up a defense. As for being able to attack any Roman units. You should be able to attack all of them. There is one or two Roman units that are too strong though for the Crusader to overcome.

I mean at least make the unit able to attack twice or blitz, since the object is to kill all the king it would be better to not to wait after every turn to attack

I thought of that too, but I did want some kind of a time limit on the game. Still, it would make it play faster.

because some I HAD a really long waiting time after I finish a turn and it just takes forever to kill a king and capture city, is capture city even required?

Yes, capturing the cities are required. That way you can build things, and get further along. :)

What's the panzar for?

Getting the Panzer allows you to destroy (find) two more Roman Kings. It's the only way to get to them.

I suggest you using different terrian set to give it a more maze-look, say walls and house street that sort of stuff, sure beats normal roads and moutain.

This is a great idea. :)

A quite unique experience I'll say!!!!

I am happy you found it interesting and I thank you for your comments and suggestions. :)

The reason you aren't getting a victory screen is because you have to turn on conquest victory (probably), otherwise defeating all civs does not count as victory.

EDIT have played it now. You also need to finish your turn.

My panzar was almost killed by one of the war elephants, they should probably have a lower defence.

Top Bottom