Questions about The BUG Mod

i went into the main interface file and just searched for the same thing i searched for in RFC. on the line 6963 i changed
"szCivName = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationShortDescription(0)"
to
"szCivName = gc.getPlayer(ePlayer).getCivilizationDescription(0)"
testing to see if it works.

it works :) loaded up a game on Rise of Mankind as greece and "greek tribe" showed up on the scoreboard and changed to "greek city state" after a while.
is it possible to make this an option in the BUG options?

. . . Loaded up a game on Rise of Mankind as greece and "greek tribe" showed up on the scoreboard and changed to "greek city state" after a while.
is it possible to make this an option in the BUG options?

Yes, can you please add this to the Feature Request tracker at our SF.net site? It should be pretty easy to add as a new option. Also, I asked a question about how the options should show up a few posts back. Any thoughts?

Yes, can you please add this to the Feature Request tracker at our SF.net site? It should be pretty easy to add as a new option. Also, I asked a question about how the options should show up a few posts back. Any thoughts?

I think in some other mods its called "Dynamic Civ Names" or something like that. It could be enabled the same place where we pick whether we want the leader name/civ name to show up on the scoreboard, whether to show dead civs, etc.

We have a drop down that allows the user to select ...

Leader Name
Civ Name
Both

Why not expand that to

Leader Name
Short Civ Name
Long Civ Name
Leader / Short Civ
Leader / Long Civ

We have a drop down that allows the user to select ...

Leader Name
Civ Name
Both

Why not expand that to

Leader Name
Short Civ Name
Long Civ Name
Leader / Short Civ
Leader / Long Civ

That's what I asked above, but my suggestion was to split it into two options.

1. A Leader checkbox
2. A Civilization checkbox with a dropdown for Name / Description

That way when we add the next option it would turn into a dropdown with 52,472 choices. :mischief:

The first post in this thread says that current version of BUG is 4.0 but on the linked project page the latest version is 3.6... :confused:

The downloads page also states that it is compatible with 3.13 and 3.17, no mention of 3.19.

So if 4.0 exists, where can I get it? And does it work with BtS 3.19?

Yes, I'm sorry that this thread says 4.0. I am moving this weekend and have had very little time after the BUFFY release to package up BUG and BULL. I am still hoping to get it done tonight or tomorrow, but that's not a promise.

BAT 2.0 requires BTS 3.19 since it includes BULL. BUG in SVN (and soon 4.0) work with 3.13-3.19.

Do leaders have a similar long description, something like "Emperor Julius Caesar"? If so, that gives us an option to alter the Leader display, too.

no - I don't think so. I noticed the long and short civilization options when I was coding this up ages ago. Never actually knew they generated different results.

Is it possible to make BULL 3.13 compatible?

If you take the version in SVN prior to when I patched to 3.19 (scan the commit logs to see when), you could probably then diff that against the 3.17 SDK sources and apply those changes to 3.13. I think the SDK changes from 3.13 to 3.17 were pretty minimal. It would take a little work to make sure everything went in the correct places, but it wouldn't be horrendous.

Unfortunately, Firaxis changed a few very core APIs with 3.19. You could still apply the changes between BULL and 3.19 stock, but it would be more work to backport them to 3.13.

I'm sure I should be able to figure this out on my own, but it's been eluding me so far. How do you place those dots with the BFC attached on the world map for future city placement? I can't find it in any of the menus.

I'm sure I should be able to figure this out on my own, but it's been eluding me so far. How do you place those dots with the BFC attached on the world map for future city placement? I can't find it in any of the menus.
That is the Strategy Layer. At the moment, it is activated by keyboard short cuts.

• ALT + X: Toggle DotMap (Strategy Layer) Edit Mode
  • CTRL + X: Toggle DotMap Visibility

Hello,

I've just installed FFH2 and played my first game. After knowing the Bug Mod I won't miss it anymore. My issue is that when I play normal BTS games the BugMod is active when I create a new game. In FFH2 that is not the case.
What is to do to activate the BugMod under FFH2?

Hello,

I've just installed FFH2 and played my first game. After knowing the Bug Mod I won't miss it anymore. My issue is that when I play normal BTS games the BugMod is active when I create a new game. In FFH2 that is not the case.
What is to do to activate the BugMod under FFH2?
FFH2 is a mod of Civ4. The BUGMod is a different mod of Civ4. You can merge the two mods together, but given the size of these two, that will be difficult. Your best option is to hope that someone else has already done the merge. Look in the FFH forum to see if anyone has merged BUG into it.

Top Bottom