Questions about The BUG Mod

I don't know if I should post this in the BULL thread or here, but I've noticed that the ACO is missing the probability of the unit being unharmed after the battle. Is this a problem specific to me or BULL? And is there any way for me to fix this? Thanks.

Were you using BULL or ACO? If you were using BULL the version of ACO was v1.0 and should have had Unharmed odds displaying as normal.

In Version 1.1 and 1.3 of ACO (which have nothing to do with BULL yet), Unharmed Odds are set to display in View B only (the one you get when you hold SHIFT), unless you go and change the XML option yourself, in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml.

The XML variable you want is ACO_Option_ShowUnharmedOdds. You could try setting it equal to 1 or 3 instead.

Don't know if this is the place to ask, but I'm pretty sure you guys know the answer ;)

When I mouseover a stack of units of 12 or more the first couple of units on the left side unitinfo panel is hidden behind the + - culture/espionage/science.

How can I adjust the height of that panel? (Im using widescreen 1280x768)
I guess its in the CvMainInterface.py , but I'm using BUG (Rise of Mankind) so there's a lot of <imports>.

PoM, I was using the aco in BULL. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can't fix it now.

Now that I've looked at the XML, I don't see the ACO_Option_ShowUnharmedOdds in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml. All I see is the following:

Spoiler :
<!-- Advanced Combat Odds -->

<Define>
<DefineName>ADVANCED_COMBAT_ODDS_ENABLED</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>ADVANCED_COMBAT_ODDS_DEBUG</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>0</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>
<Define>
<DefineName>ADVANCED_COMBAT_ODDS_DETAIL</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>3</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

PoM, I was using the aco in BULL. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see if I can't fix it now.

Ok. In that case you want to find this in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml:

Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>COMBAT_ODDS_DETAIL</DefineName>
		<!--  0 = low detail  	-->
		<!--  1 = medium detail -->
		<!--  2 = high detail  	-->
		<!--  3 = Everything!  	-->
	</Define>

You should be able to adjust the value while the game is running. i.e. no restart is necessary.

Ah, I see. It's fixed now. I'll try it and see if that did the trick. Thanks

Edit: unfortunately no success. I'm guessing that this is an old version of aco.

Ok. In that case you want to find this in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml:

Code:
    <Define>
        <DefineName>COMBAT_ODDS_DETAIL</DefineName>
        <!--  0 = low detail      -->
        <!--  1 = medium detail -->
        <!--  2 = high detail      -->
        <!--  3 = Everything!      -->
    </Define>
You should be able to adjust the value while the game is running. i.e. no restart is necessary.

Where's the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml at?

Where am I supposed to put the settings folder? I just downloaded the latest SVN release and now I'm getting an error message that BUG can't find this folder, and none of my settings will save. I've tried a couple of locations but nothing seems to work.

Where am I supposed to put the settings folder? I just downloaded the latest SVN release and now I'm getting an error message that BUG can't find this folder, and none of my settings will save. I've tried a couple of locations but nothing seems to work.

Assuming you installed it to CustomAssets, create a folder called "BUG Mod" in the same place where CustomAssets is located and move the folders "UserSettings" and "Info" to this new folder.

Well I didn't have a UserSettings or Info folder to move but after creating them it seems to be working now. Thanks. I noticed a number of options greyed out which I presume are for BULL. Is that ready to be used now or are you still working out a few kinks here and there? I presume you've updated it to 3.19?

Yes, those are BULL options. It is ready to be used, but it requires manual installation (not too hard) after grabbing from the SVN. I've been really busy and haven't had time to put together an installer, and the version on SVN is a little out-dated, but I believe it's the 3.19 build.

I'll be doing a real release pretty soon.

I've been having a really hard time trying to find these SVN files you keep mentioning. I've been looking all over and come up with nothing. Do you think you put in a convenient link some place so people don't have to spend hours trying different approaches to finding them? I know I've come across them before but I'll be damned if I can find them again.

I've been having a really hard time trying to find these SVN files you keep mentioning. I've been looking all over and come up with nothing. Do you think you put in a convenient link some place so people don't have to spend hours trying different approaches to finding them? I know I've come across them before but I'll be damned if I can find them again.
Did you try the thread that says 'download BUG here'? It is stickied on our forum.

@Willem - If you are talking about BULL, check out the first post of the DLL Features thread.

I guess I missed the link in the BULL thread. Now let's hope I got the folder structure right.

I think I posted it somewhere deep in the thread, but I just added it to the first post after you asked. If you have any questions about the brief instructions, let me know. Since you won't be compiling your own DLL (right?) you can ignore the Optional and SDK folders.

But damn, I wanted to use that Sentry Actions. Oh well I guess I'll have to wait for your official release for that one.

The Sentry While Healing option is a part of BULL proper. It makes it so every Heal action works that way by default if you enable it, and you can limit it to Neutral territory optionally.

Top Bottom