1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Rhye, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Dschingis Khan

Dschingis Khan Chieftain

When I try to load the game save up after loading it up earlier, the game crashes. Any idea what this is about? My CD screwed up or the computer I have isn't good enough to process loading a save up often?

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

no, you may just have patched or installed something new

3. The Doc

The Doc Time Lord

I have just a small question about the translation. I'm playing RFC (newest version for BtS) in german but the indicator for income/turn in the top left corner of the interface says "x/Turn" instead of "x/Runde". The controls for science and culture beneath it show "x/Runde". Could you fix that or maybe tell me in which file I can fix that by myself?
    Thanks for your help. :)

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

no idea, I never touched that area

5. The Doc

The Doc Time Lord

Hmm, thats strange. All other Mods that I downloaded from CivFanatics show Income/Turn correctly als "x/Runde". I just started the Version of RFC that shipped with BtS and it also has the correct translation.
    Maybe it's just a minor bug. RFC is still a great Mod anyway. :D

6. nemini

nemini Chieftain

Yeah I got the same (minor) bug ... I was always wondering if I correctly installed the mod ...

I got a small question: If your Empire is stable, should revolutions occur or is that a bug?

7. burne114

burne114 Chieftain

I dont have BTS, so i dont know if that is any different, but the install directory doesnt have public maps, only private. when i start it from that, it says i was defeated immediately. could it be that i havent download a late enough patch?

8. burne114

burne114 Chieftain

do you know anything about that, rhye? and btw, im gonna get warlords and BTS just for your mods, cant wait to play em.

9. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

you must load the game, then load the mod, then play the scenario. This is the correct order.

You should download the new versions anytime they're released, regardless it's working or not, btw.

10. burne114

burne114 Chieftain

yea, i did that, but the game wont come back up when it has to restart.
    whatever though, ill be getting warlords in a couple days, so ill get to work then.

11. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Seems to me you are trying to load the bts/warlords version from vanilla..

12. burne114

burne114 Chieftain

really? i was pretty sure i downloaded the vanilla. but its ok, ill get warlords this weekend, and re-download then.

13. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

why don't you get BTS? There's Warlords in it. Buying Warlords now is plain useless

14. Replacement

Replacement Robot Elephant

Rhye:

First off, absolutely amazing scenario. This is what I've been looking for since I first got a copied disc of Civilization I from a friend in 1992. I love the Unique Historical Victories, and how playing each civilization is like solving a riddle--forcing a player to go beyond his normal tried-and-true strategies for victory. Kudos.

Anyway, two questions:
    1. Why isn't Jerusalem renamed "al-Quds" when it's conquered by the Arabs?
    2. I saw reference on another thread to new historical victory conditions for Rome. What are they? Unfortunately, my computer with Civilization IV can't be hooked up to the internet, so I can't download the newest version and see for myself. While I was playing, I thought of a different set of victory conditions for the Romans that would make them more historical and conquest-oriented, and I wondered if they were anything like the ones you came up with.

Again, just a brilliant effort.

15. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

1. hmm you're probably right.
    2. it's just a fix for the whip exploit, you need to build 5 barracks, 5 anphiteathres and 5 aqueducts

16. hookmonkey

hookmonkey evolved monkey

Hey Rhye, first of all great mod!

I like the thing you did with defensive pacts. These world wars are very cool, Axis vs Allies. Is it possible to mod this into regular BtS?

Good luck with the mod.

17. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

it's certainly possible. It's a matter of a few tweaks in the SDK

18. ADP101

ADP101 Warlord

Nub like question but how can u tell which version of RFC ur using?

19. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

from the readme, in the mod folder

20. Locus Coeruleus

Locus Coeruleus Prince

So many pages of questions, I cannot possibly read through them all, but I do have a few questions of my own.

1. I am playing as Russia with the most current version of the game on BtS. One of the Civ goals is to colonize Siberia by 1700 AD. What exactly does this entail? Or where can I find this information.

2. In a recent game as Rome, similarly a goal was to occupy the historical Western Roman Empire. Again, what does this entail, or where can this information be found.

3. I know a new patch has just come out, but before that, my two most recent games were with Great Britain and Rome. The first with Warlords, and second with BtS. In both of these games, I noticed that Mexico was subjugated by the Vikings in one game and the Chinese in the other. Now, I noticed in my Great Britain game that when I was sending my Caravel around the west coast of South America that a bunch of warmongering British units jumped ship set to conquer the Incas, so conquer I did. I would not be surprised if this is what happened with the Vikings and Chinese. Even if not, I wonder, since this is supposed to be a very historical mod, if this phenomena has been accounted for in the newest version of the game.

Cheers, and Keep up the Good Work.

Locus.