1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions & Answers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Rhye, Jul 8, 2006.

1. AnotherPacifist

AnotherPacifist Deity

The conquerors events happens whenever an Old World civs sees any New world civ's land (i.e. the New World civs did not manage to contact the Old world first). So you can have Khmer conquer the Aztecs. In fact, you get 3 sets of troops if you start with 3000 BC (if Maya is still alive).
    Conversely, to avoid the event when playing as the 3 New World civs, contact the Europeans ASAP (e.g. by building a workboat and have it head east as far as possible, or station a scout or warrior in Canada or northeastern Brazil, or simply getting to Optics quickly...much harder in the current build since guilds is necessary).

All info regartding where the required cities are to be built can be found in the world map:
    http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com/

2. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

For the first 2 points let me redirect you to the wonderful "Rhye´s of wiki"... In the strategy guides section you have an atlas with all the terrain-based victories nicely delimited.
    Rhye's of wiki:
    http://wikirhye.wikidot.com/rhye-s-and-fall-of-civilization
    and the atlas itself:
    http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com/

As for your third question, it is a particularity of the mod. Whenever you get to America several new units (yours) will spawn in the continent. There's a message that says sth like "some adventurers from your civ have decided to venture into the new world" or sth like that. The units will depend on your technological level. You might get just archers and pikemen, or you might get musketeers and even cannons.

Cheers,

3. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Woops, cross-post, bugger :p

4. Locus Coeruleus

Locus Coeruleus Prince

Cool. Thanks guys. ;)

That map is cool!!!! :)

5. archangelgy

archangelgy Chieftain

Is there any way to make it so that you can grant independence to Civ's that you have absorbed and make them your vassals as in BtS, rather than independent states?

6. Al-Iskander

Al-Iskander Warlord

If I remember right, it's actually not possible, because there aren't any free spots left for additional civilizations, unless you edit the DLL... I think. Not exactly an expert here :lol:

7. archangelgy

archangelgy Chieftain

It seems that it would be possible, since civilizations can and do respawn, perhaps if the code could be tweaked to add that option. Then again, I'm not exactly an expert either...

8. kairob

kairob Biohazard

You mean like a civ you have invaded right? I also think this would be an awsome idea.

9. Walliard

Walliard WW007D?

Is there a specific prerequisite for the U. of Sankore beyond having Paper? I tried to build it in a recent game, but couldn't, and no one else had built it yet either.

10. Norton II

Norton II Emperor

The only thing I can think of is that someone finished it the same turn you tried to start it but you hadn't been notified yet. Do you still have the save?

11. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Nope, no other prerequisite... I agree with Norton.

And speaking of "being notified"...Any way I can check all those "notifications" somewhere? They pop up and disappear just too fast to read them all and I would like to be able to check if things like the circumnavigation of the world or the random "quest" I'm trying to complete have already been done by somebody else---

12. Norton II

Norton II Emperor

You can look at the logs using the button at the top left corner, to the left of the mercenary button, but it might take a while to sift through everything.

13. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

So there is no special log anywhere for the particular quests u may pursue in the game and their result (whether they've been completed or not)?

14. Alan McG

Alan McG Cannelloni

Yes there is one, it's right there :p Forget I asked...

15. hookmonkey

hookmonkey evolved monkey

Maybe someone can do this who understands SDK/modding stuff, or is it simple to do yourself?

16. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I'm not releasing any external modcomp, so it's up to others

17. civhelp121

civhelp121 Prince

i have a technical question, i'm dowloading the newest BTS patch, and I got this window pop up that has the folders in it (not internet) how do i download the program? I'm not very computer saavy.

18. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Being a big fan of RFC I have the following suggestions:

- would you consider changing some Sea/Ocean Mountain isles/peninsulas to Hills terrain? (Seeing as they mostly became populated/colonized in the curse of history.)

- would you consider changing the Dutch historical goal of being the 1st to found a city in Australia to Indonesia? (Seeing as the Dutch showed no interest in this continent - and the English did. Alternatively, if my proposition isn't feasible: South Africa?)

Just wondering.:hatsoff:

19. Hitti-Litti

Hitti-Litti Deity

^

-Some mountains could change to hills at modern era, that's actually a nice idea!
    -Not so good idea, AI Japan founds cities often in Indonesia, sometimes even before the Dutch are born.

20. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

Seeing as its meant to be a realistic Mod (and it it by far and away the best one), is there anyway Arabia and Persia can be modded to make them sell their oil at a lower cost? Sees odd that realistically only 3 countries in Europe will be able to have tanks without vassals... maybe the Arabian peninsula could have one or two more oil sources, and make it somehow weighted so they are more likely to sell them?

Plus, having the US invade Babylonia for oil cause the Arabs are too unstable to guarantee supply would add to the realism