Questions & Answers

So many pages of questions, I cannot possibly read through them all, but I do have a few questions of my own.

1. I am playing as Russia with the most current version of the game on BtS. One of the Civ goals is to colonize Siberia by 1700 AD. What exactly does this entail? Or where can I find this information.

2. In a recent game as Rome, similarly a goal was to occupy the historical Western Roman Empire. Again, what does this entail, or where can this information be found.

3. I know a new patch has just come out, but before that, my two most recent games were with Great Britain and Rome. The first with Warlords, and second with BtS. In both of these games, I noticed that Mexico was subjugated by the Vikings in one game and the Chinese in the other. Now, I noticed in my Great Britain game that when I was sending my Caravel around the west coast of South America that a bunch of warmongering British units jumped ship set to conquer the Incas, so conquer I did. I would not be surprised if this is what happened with the Vikings and Chinese. Even if not, I wonder, since this is supposed to be a very historical mod, if this phenomena has been accounted for in the newest version of the game.

Cheers, and Keep up the Good Work.

Locus.

The conquerors events happens whenever an Old World civs sees any New world civ's land (i.e. the New World civs did not manage to contact the Old world first). So you can have Khmer conquer the Aztecs. In fact, you get 3 sets of troops if you start with 3000 BC (if Maya is still alive).
Conversely, to avoid the event when playing as the 3 New World civs, contact the Europeans ASAP (e.g. by building a workboat and have it head east as far as possible, or station a scout or warrior in Canada or northeastern Brazil, or simply getting to Optics quickly...much harder in the current build since guilds is necessary).

All info regartding where the required cities are to be built can be found in the world map:
http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com/

So many pages of questions, I cannot possibly read through them all, but I do have a few questions of my own.

1. I am playing as Russia with the most current version of the game on BtS. One of the Civ goals is to colonize Siberia by 1700 AD. What exactly does this entail? Or where can I find this information.

2. In a recent game as Rome, similarly a goal was to occupy the historical Western Roman Empire. Again, what does this entail, or where can this information be found.

3. I know a new patch has just come out, but before that, my two most recent games were with Great Britain and Rome. The first with Warlords, and second with BtS. In both of these games, I noticed that Mexico was subjugated by the Vikings in one game and the Chinese in the other. Now, I noticed in my Great Britain game that when I was sending my Caravel around the west coast of South America that a bunch of warmongering British units jumped ship set to conquer the Incas, so conquer I did. I would not be surprised if this is what happened with the Vikings and Chinese. Even if not, I wonder, since this is supposed to be a very historical mod, if this phenomena has been accounted for in the newest version of the game.

Cheers, and Keep up the Good Work.

Locus.

For the first 2 points let me redirect you to the wonderful "Rhye´s of wiki"... In the strategy guides section you have an atlas with all the terrain-based victories nicely delimited.
Rhye's of wiki:
http://wikirhye.wikidot.com/rhye-s-and-fall-of-civilization
and the atlas itself:
http://civ4.technologyresourcesgroup.com/

As for your third question, it is a particularity of the mod. Whenever you get to America several new units (yours) will spawn in the continent. There's a message that says sth like "some adventurers from your civ have decided to venture into the new world" or sth like that. The units will depend on your technological level. You might get just archers and pikemen, or you might get musketeers and even cannons.

Cheers,

Is there any way to make it so that you can grant independence to Civ's that you have absorbed and make them your vassals as in BtS, rather than independent states?

Is there any way to make it so that you can grant independence to Civ's that you have absorbed and make them your vassals as in BtS, rather than independent states?

If I remember right, it's actually not possible, because there aren't any free spots left for additional civilizations, unless you edit the DLL... I think. Not exactly an expert here :lol:

If I remember right, it's actually not possible, because there aren't any free spots left for additional civilizations, unless you edit the DLL... I think. Not exactly an expert here :lol:

It seems that it would be possible, since civilizations can and do respawn, perhaps if the code could be tweaked to add that option. Then again, I'm not exactly an expert either...

Is there a specific prerequisite for the U. of Sankore beyond having Paper? I tried to build it in a recent game, but couldn't, and no one else had built it yet either.

The only thing I can think of is that someone finished it the same turn you tried to start it but you hadn't been notified yet. Do you still have the save?

Nope, no other prerequisite... I agree with Norton.

And speaking of "being notified"...Any way I can check all those "notifications" somewhere? They pop up and disappear just too fast to read them all and I would like to be able to check if things like the circumnavigation of the world or the random "quest" I'm trying to complete have already been done by somebody else---

You can look at the logs using the button at the top left corner, to the left of the mercenary button, but it might take a while to sift through everything.

So there is no special log anywhere for the particular quests u may pursue in the game and their result (whether they've been completed or not)?

Hey Rhye, first of all great mod!

I like the thing you did with defensive pacts. These world wars are very cool, Axis vs Allies. Is it possible to mod this into regular BtS?

Good luck with the mod.

it's certainly possible. It's a matter of a few tweaks in the SDK

Maybe someone can do this who understands SDK/modding stuff, or is it simple to do yourself?

i have a technical question, i'm dowloading the newest BTS patch, and I got this window pop up that has the folders in it (not internet) how do i download the program? I'm not very computer saavy.

Being a big fan of RFC I have the following suggestions:

- would you consider changing some Sea/Ocean Mountain isles/peninsulas to Hills terrain? (Seeing as they mostly became populated/colonized in the curse of history.)

- would you consider changing the Dutch historical goal of being the 1st to found a city in Australia to Indonesia? (Seeing as the Dutch showed no interest in this continent - and the English did. Alternatively, if my proposition isn't feasible: South Africa?)

Just wondering.:hatsoff:

^

-Some mountains could change to hills at modern era, that's actually a nice idea!
-Not so good idea, AI Japan founds cities often in Indonesia, sometimes even before the Dutch are born.

Seeing as its meant to be a realistic Mod (and it it by far and away the best one), is there anyway Arabia and Persia can be modded to make them sell their oil at a lower cost? Sees odd that realistically only 3 countries in Europe will be able to have tanks without vassals... maybe the Arabian peninsula could have one or two more oil sources, and make it somehow weighted so they are more likely to sell them?

Plus, having the US invade Babylonia for oil cause the Arabs are too unstable to guarantee supply would add to the realism

Top Bottom