Questions & Answers

If your capitulated vassal has two of the three conditions for freedom met and you demand something from them, they should declare war on you and break the vassalage.

If your vassal was voluntary, I don't think you can ever get rid of them.

If your vassal was voluntary, I don't think you can ever get rid of them.

Sure you can. Say you're Spain and you have vassalized France voluntarily (when they are down to Paris and Rennes because you razed Bordeaux and Marseilles). Declare war on Germany and watch your vassal die. Then swoop in and capture those 2 cities yourself.

The Incas unfortunately are too far away for the AI to invade. Collapsing them with far flung cities, demand that they switch civics when they're unstable, and use spies to destroy their improvements.

Better yet, don't vassalize them.

Sure you can. Say you're Spain and you have vassalized France voluntarily (when they are down to Paris and Rennes because you razed Bordeaux and Marseilles). Declare war on Germany and watch your vassal die. Then swoop in and capture those 2 cities yourself.

That's not actually the same thing as you getting rid of them, rather the AI doing it for you. I have serious doubts that the AI could actually pull off the annihilation of a human player's vassal myself.

I'm trying to modify the RFC myself and currently I'm trying to add Damascus as a Byzantine city in the Middle-East in the 600 AD start. However, I can't figure out how I could modify the Arabian spawn map so the area around Dimashq could be left as a blind spot, much like in Jerusalem's case.

Also, I want to move the Chinese spawn area (the capital spot) a litte southwards, delay the Vikings start and modify the Scandinavian spawn area a bit so they'll spawn some time around 9th or 10th century as the Swedish civilization but I lack the know-how how to do it. Now, I know a little XML myself (already added new units, buildings, wonders, graphics and resources to the core game) but I'm certain this is more Python-oriented than that. :crazyeye:

So, what files do I need to edit and how so I can have an independent Byzantine Damascus in the 600 AD start, move the core areas of a few civs and delay their start a few centuries succesfully? If possible, the Chinese spawn area would remain the same it is currently in the 600 AD start but change in the other one. (It would be the same in the Arabian spawn area's case)

EDIT:
I figured out how to move capitals around and leave blind spots in the spawn areas, but the problem regarding differing capital region in different starts still remains.

They are an unplayable minor civ, only found in the 3000BC start. They are replaced with the Byzantines in the 600AD start, who are also an unplayable minor civ.

Modders have been trying for some years to get the Byzantines to be playable, with several hundred posts in a thread within this forum on the subject.

If they are ever successful, I suppose the same procedure should be possible on the Celts though.

When I was Germany by 1945CE I had conquered England, Scotland, Ireland, Scandanavia, France, Greece, Italy, some Russian cities and had Netherlands, Inca and Portugal as vassals. My empire was unstable (but my expansion rating was one star even though I has just taken over all of Great Britian and Greece!) and it suddenly went into civil war, but I thought all my conquered countries would declare their independance first? Is it just by chance that happened?

When I was Germany by 1945CE I had conquered England, Scotland, Ireland, Scandanavia, France, Greece, Italy, some Russian cities and had Netherlands, Inca and Portugal as vassals. My empire was unstable (but my expansion rating was one star even though I has just taken over all of Great Britian and Greece!) and it suddenly went into civil war, but I thought all my conquered countries would declare their independance first? Is it just by chance that happened?

Your expansion rating goes up if you conquer territory that your nation historically occupied. A lot of your territory, while required for the UHV, is not actually historically German territory, hence your low expansion rating.

If your civ is Unstable, there is a chance each turn that one of your cities will declare independence. There is also a chance after you have learnt Natioanlism that an extinct civ will be reborn within your territory (e.g. Greece).

But if your civ is Collapsing, there is a chance that you simply descend straight into civil war - game over.

I am thinking of buying a new computer so I can play RFC without so much waiting. I went to the Best Buy site and looked at gaming machines. I didn't understand any of the specifications. (I lost track of what these things mean after the Pentium III)

A popular choice has the following:

Intel Core i7 920 processor
3GN DDR3 memory,
DL DVD RW/CD-RW Drive
Labelflash support
750 GB hard drive
Windows Vista Home premium 64 bit with SPI

This is in a Gateway machine for about $1 K. It got good reviews, 87% of 104 reviews recommended it. I did not see a specific mention of a graphics card in this specification, is it built into the processor?

Is this something that would work well for Civ IV BTS - RFC? Or is it not compatible?

If not, can someone give a set of specifications that makes this mod play fast?

Thanks

If a city is founded on a tile that is on or adjacent to the spawn location of a future civ, will that city always be destroyed upon spawning? Is there any chance to get them to "adopt" the city as their capital instead?

I don't know what happens in the code, but I find around 80% of the time the city is destroyed and replaced, and the other 20%, it becomes the capital. That, of course, is just what happens on my computer. I'm certain others never see it.

If a city is founded on a tile that is on or adjacent to the spawn location of a future civ, will that city always be destroyed upon spawning? Is there any chance to get them to "adopt" the city as their capital instead?
If a city is founded on the tile that a civ spawns on, and you (the human) own that city, then you'll be asked if you'll allow it to be flipped (along with any other cities in the flip zone). If the AI controls the city, I believe it is destroyed, as is the case with Gordion/Sogut, which I mentioned in the thread about Christianity and the Arabs.
As for adjacent, I think it simply becomes the AI's capital. I was going to try a game as Rome, and instead of controlling Madrid/Paris/whatever, I would have a city adjacent to those tiles. When I did end up trying it, I lost the GW to the Persians by a turn or two, and then got overrun by barbarians. I think I'll try it again sometime soon.

I am thinking of buying a new computer so I can play RFC without so much waiting. I went to the Best Buy site and looked at gaming machines. I didn't understand any of the specifications. (I lost track of what these things mean after the Pentium III)

A popular choice has the following:

Intel Core i7 920 processor
3GN DDR3 memory,
DL DVD RW/CD-RW Drive
Labelflash support
750 GB hard drive
Windows Vista Home premium 64 bit with SPI

This is in a Gateway machine for about $1 K. It got good reviews, 87% of 104 reviews recommended it. I did not see a specific mention of a graphics card in this specification, is it built into the processor?

Is this something that would work well for Civ IV BTS - RFC? Or is it not compatible?

If not, can someone give a set of specifications that makes this mod play fast?

Thanks

it should be fast enough, it would be could if you could find out what kind of graphics card is included

Your expansion rating goes up if you conquer territory that your nation historically occupied. A lot of your territory, while required for the UHV, is not actually historically German territory, hence your low expansion rating.

If your civ is Unstable, there is a chance each turn that one of your cities will declare independence. There is also a chance after you have learnt Natioanlism that an extinct civ will be reborn within your territory (e.g. Greece).

But if your civ is Collapsing, there is a chance that you simply descend straight into civil war - game over.

Ohhh ok thanks - not game over I kinda cheated by loading an auto save a few turns before collapsing and put most of my army in my capital and am taking most of Europe back, Russia has declared war on me but I keep nuking them anyways. :) And for some reason Portugal, Netherlands and Inca are still my vassals, can't they break free?

it should be fast enough, it would be could if you could find out what kind of graphics card is included
I found a specs page:

Processor Speed: 2.66GHz
System Bus: 1066MHz
Cache Memory: 8MB on die level 2
System Memory (RAM): 3GB
Type of Memory (RAM): DDR3
Hard Drive Type: SATA II (7200 rpm)
Hard Drive Size: 750GB
Graphics: ATI RADEON HD 4850
Video Memory 512MB

Is this sufficient to solve long between-turn waits in RFC and ocassional screen freezes/slow rendering?

Thanks

Top Bottom