Questions & Answers

it seems that every time that i play a game my economy is always 2 or even 1 star. and i almost collapsed because of this! i have to run commonwealth every game (which doesnt seem to do much) what i want to know is how the economy stability is rated.

http://rhye.civfanatics.net/wiki/in...ilization_guide_to_stability#Economy_category

Basicaly you need to keep growing. I find that a sudden growth spurt followed by stagnation (as all your cities are at a happiness cap), heavy use of slavery and the plague are all the worst things for economy stability.

thanks. i realize that most if not all my cities have not changed in the last century. so basically i need to find more hapiness resources right? that would help with my low imports and my happiness cap

lately i was having this rather strange thing with quests...whenever i get them i m told to build 20 forges, libraries, castles and so on. who the hell has 20 cities? i mean, when i got the quest i had 8 (as germany, including rome and greece) but that was all the expansion i was gonna do for another 200 or so turns

on that note (having greece), why cant i raze konstantinopel? i mean i get the option, but it appearantly ignores my choice and still occupies it. and i hate to rely on wb just for that.

btw, wasnt there a modded eventfile that increased the probability of quests...
what would make things even better is to have several quests at the same time, since for all i know they are mutually exclusive...i.e. you wont get other quests till you finish the ones you have...which is rather impossible with 20 buildings per city...i might have to use wb to get me another civs version of that building in all cities, so i can do it with 10

lately i was having this rather strange thing with quests...whenever i get them i m told to build 20 forges, libraries, castles and so on. who the hell has 20 cities? i mean, when i got the quest i had 8 (as germany, including rome and greece) but that was all the expansion i was gonna do for another 200 or so turns

The quest mechanic is currently broken. Rhye fiddled with it during the recent patch and it didn't work out. Hopefully he will fix it (reverse the change that was made) in the next patch.

on that note (having greece), why cant i raze konstantinopel? i mean i get the option, but it appearantly ignores my choice and still occupies it. and i hate to rely on wb just for that.

As I understand it, if a city tile has too much of your culture when you conquer it, razing the city doesn't work. Turkey, with their Unique Power spreading their culture everywhere in conquered cities, has a particularly hard time because of this.

ah thx for that quick answer. i suppose there isnt an easy solution or workaround for that...would replacing it with eventfiles from an older installation fix it or screw it up further...

also i dont think i had much of my own culture in konstantinopel, i mean the only city anywhere near it was budapest, maybe rome, and they were still developping.

How is it that you turn off the plague? Sorry for asking this as it has probably been answered a million times before, but 94 pages is a lot to read through :p

Is it by the way also possible to turn of stability?

For some reason, my game automatically progresses through turns even if I don't click the green circle. And I do have wait at the end of turns checked in the options. Is this a bug or a feature?

I'm playing the latest version (BTS) as Spain, 600AD start. I conquered Rome and got a Great Prophet but I can't build the christian shrine!

Rome is the holy city of christianity so that is not the problem.. what is wrong? I need the money! hehe :)

And another question. I conquered the Inca's and Aztecs. When America spawned I helped the English fight the Americans. I took about 4 cities and vasalized them. I gave them their cities back so it would be a strong vazal. Then the Incans declared independance which I refused. Then all of a sudden I went to collapsing and was left with only madrid. What did I do wrong? Should I have granted them independance? Should I have kept the American cities?

No, it would take too much effort and it is hard to keep the city from Arabia and Turkey anyways. Also, the profit won't be that huge since the city will stay small (few weak tiles to work) and the maintanence costs will be high. If you're going for the UHV, France, the Netherlands and Brittain are much better options, their cities are in the end much better than the shrine.

Yep going for the UHV (or atleast 2 of the 3 conditions) on monarch. In the game I played I collapsed late in the game, so I'm a little worried taking France or England out as it would really hurt my stability. Or is this not as much a problem as I think it is?

Last game I could have easily conquered France (minus Paris which the Germans conquered early in the game) since it collapsed and was all independants but I didn't exactly for this reason.

Hey, I was wondering how to gift recently conquered cities (let alone any cities) to vassals. It seems to me that any time I try to do that, my diplomacy screen only shows the resources, techs, and world map/gold etc. drop-downs. Is there another way to do this that I'm missing, or was this something that used to be possible and was taken out? Just wondering, thanks.

You can;t gift cities to vassals unless it's a "Liberate" option. One of the tricks is finding vassals that will accept cities over wide stretches of land. Mali, for instance, will accept most if not all of Africa.

Yeah, but recently I haven't been able to see the cities of my vassal and me in the diplomacy screen. It's like they're purposefully missing from there, seeing as I'm able to view them when trading with nations which aren't my vassals, yet not with vassals. Am I missing something obvious here, or does it not work anymore?

I think you need to go to F1 (Interior adviser) and then click on the hand-icon button in the bottom of the window, then you'll have some options for liberating cities (if it doesn't say to who then it's to independents).

Yeah, but recently I haven't been able to see the cities of my vassal and me in the diplomacy screen. It's like they're purposefully missing from there, seeing as I'm able to view them when trading with nations which aren't my vassals, yet not with vassals. Am I missing something obvious here, or does it not work anymore?

Sometimes, your vassals just wont accept cities from you anymore. They are much less likely to accept cities than your enemies actually. Beat up on your enemy (to the point that they are almost capitulated), and then look in the diplomacy screen. They will usually accept any city on the map from you at this time. Great for getting rid of "junk" cities when going for a conquest or dominaton victory.

I'm actually trying to get a domination victory, so that will be useful if I happen to take cities that none of my vassals will take. I guess that you could give a bunch of crappy cities to your enemy to get them to collapse from over expansion, and then take their good ones from the Independents. Good advice, thanks everyone.

Top Bottom