Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you unlock Austria, the "hidden civ"?
If you want to just try them out, COTM7 was with Austria. Also take a look in the GOTM forum as there was a bonus game to give players a chance to play a small game with them.

I am not able to request a ROP with a rival civ. I have an embassy in their capital, we both have writing...I don't get it. Anything I am missing?

Ok, I have been wanting to ask this for a while, you know this screen:
Spoiler :

1. What improves your ranking in the top 5 cities?
2. How is approval rating calculated?
3. Is population your citizens * 1000? Do workers and/or settlers count?
4. How is GNP calculated?
5. How is MFG Goods calculated?
6. Is land area = to the # of tiles you have? Do coast and/or sea tiles count?
7. How is literacy calculated?
8. How is disease calculated?
9. Is pollution just the # of polluted tiles you have?
10. How is life expectancy calculated?
11. How is family size calculated?
12. How is military service calculated?
13. How is annual income calculated?
14. Is productivity just the sum of all shields?

15. Do rankings in all these things roughly increase your score?

...15. Do rankings in all these things roughly increase your score?
NO!.......They have no bearing on the game, just aesthetic.......kinda like the "Palace Screen". (Viz. F9 Key.) ;)

Wow, thanks guys, that explains just about all of it, but what makes a city "better" or "worse" in regard to the top 5?

^ Yes, I recently figured this out when I was wondering why a different city had a higher place in the "Cities" screen when I had 2 more wonders in my city. So I investigated it and realised it had much more culture per turn.

Ooops! So sorry, now I see it's in FAq. Sorry

Um, I'm working on a mod with changed Resource icons (um, I think from the TETurkan mods-- which are the most thorough anyway) and when I reopen the .bic file the resources are reset to the default icons.

So I reload a TETurkan file, import everything to that file and save it again, but it resets back to the defualt. PLEASE tell me how to fix this. It screws over everything that I worked on...

I have a faint Idea why this is going on. the TETurkan mod is a .bix file, while the file I'm working on is .bic. Would that screw it up? In anyway?
I have the Atari version, Civ III Complete. FYI.

Depending on your government, a certain number of military units may make unhappy citizens become content; One MP unit = 1 content citizen.

ok i thought it was something that you accessed through the city screen like the draft or rushing production

cheers

I'm new to Civ 3 and after trying it and hitting the no CD bug with patching, went on to get Civ 3 Complete. What version is it? The openning screen simply says Complete without a version number. Does it need patching? I'm also interested in playing mods, but I've found some don't work (Star Trek specifically)properly/instal properly as Complete is in Atari file, not Firaxis. Anyone have a suggestion on perhaps reinstalling or advice on installing mods?

Thanks for any help!

Civ 3 Complete has the Final Versions of Civ 3 Vanilla, PTW & C3C.......No patches required. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom