Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it only helps the A/D numbers, and the bombardment isn't one of those numbers.

I could be wrong tho.

1. What tech enables embargo?
2. MPP?
3. Can someone post a link to CivAssist ONE, CA2 eats so much memory it's unplayable (I have 256MB RAM).

1. What tech enables embargo?
2. MPP?
3. Can someone post a link to CivAssist ONE, CA2 eats so much memory it's unplayable (I have 256MB RAM).

1. Nationalism
2. Mutual Protection Pact
3. I do not use CivAssist :)

Link for CA

I must admit that I prefered Dianthus' MapStat so you might want to take a look at that as well. Link to CRPSuite.

I don't know if you were just being lazy but these were not very difficult to find in the C&C forum. If you've not been there before, I suggest that you make time to look around as there really is some great stuff there.

Link for CA

I must admit that I prefered Dianthus' MapStat so you might want to take a look at that as well. Link to CRPSuite.

I don't know if you were just being lazy but these were not very difficult to find in the C&C forum. If you've not been there before, I suggest that you make time to look around as there really is some great stuff there.

Thankies! I was being lazy :blush:, but only slightly, I found lots of Civassist2 stuff, but couldn't find 1.

Not sure if you can still get CA, but if you can it will be in a thread on the creation forums.

Take a look at Mapstat and see if that does the trick. It is very good as well.

Arg, I can't get Civassist 1 to run, because of Runtime error 7, nad CA2 is too big. Mapstat isn't what I need either. Oh well... I'll just check diplmacy the old fashioned way.

Hi everybody. My girlfriend is playing Civ 3 and I havent played for a very long time so Im having a hard time answering her simple questions. I thought Id post them here real quick:

How do select specific units out of a stack that is fortified in a city? Apparently she can only nab the "top" unit and not the other.

How do you upgrade units? I seem to remember that the unit has to be in a city with a barracks but Im not sure...

I tried irrigating some land for her and it did not raise the food income of the tile. A grassland stayed at 2 FPT for example. She says this problem is still happening but when she automated workers and they irrigated then the land improved its food income.

I appreciate any help. Ive been playing Civ 4 since it came out and I admit I didnt understand Civ 3 at all. Thanks in advance.

Hi everybody. My girlfriend is playing Civ 3 and I havent played for a very long time so Im having a hard time answering her simple questions. I thought Id post them here real quick:

How do select specific units out of a stack that is fortified in a city? Apparently she can only nab the "top" unit and not the other.

How do you upgrade units? I seem to remember that the unit has to be in a city with a barracks but Im not sure...

I tried irrigating some land for her and it did not raise the food income of the tile. A grassland stayed at 2 FPT for example. She says this problem is still happening but when she automated workers and they irrigated then the land improved its food income.

I appreciate any help. Ive been playing Civ 4 since it came out and I admit I didnt understand Civ 3 at all. Thanks in advance.
1. Right-click the stack.
2. U to upgrade a single unit, Shift-U to upgrade all units of the same type (which are currently in a city with barracks) very useful for when you discover a new type of defensive unit, or to upgrade your stack of doom.
3. In despotism (default starting government) if a tile has 3 or more of food, shields, or commerce, that resource is reduced by 1. An irrigated grassland tile produces 3 food, 3 minus 1 is 2. However a 5 commerce tile would yield 4 commerce. Rule of thumb: mine green, irrigate yellow, chop trees, road flat ground and hills if you have to, optimize later.

Oh, and switch out of despotism ASAP, unless the unit support will kill you (which it might, despotism has 4 units/town, republic has 1, make sure you have enough cities before you switch, but also remember that you will get one more commerce on any tile already producing commerce, so you could pay for some unit support).

In addition to what btfx said, you do have to have a barracks (or harbor for sea units/airport for air units). There also is a button with a lightning bolt that you can click to upgrade a unit, in addition to the keyboard shortcuts.

And in addition to what the others have said, you also need to have enough gold to afford the upgrades. :D

Also elite units will fall to veteran when upgraded, everyone else stays the same. Injured units are healed in an upgrade.

Wow, now it all comes back. I forgot all of that, especially the part about tiles that produce more than 2 food/shields/commerce. Thank you all for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom