Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i downloaded the gadwin printscreen thing but im going to take a while to figure it out and to find out how totake screenshots.also lol I took steps to hopefully find some things out, about the missing wonder graphics.

The city view screen is disabled in scenarios for Conquests. There was too many problems with showing it correctly. There's no switch or patch to install to allow this.

what do you mean disabled?

Not working. IIRC they turned it off to save the trouble of adjusting to 'new' improvements and wonders.

Turner does not lie - city view is disabled for the conquest scens. Not a big deal now is it?

I have maybe the illusion that enemy capitals get some kind of extra defense bonus. Is there anything that anyone here knows that can prove or disprove that?

IIRC, capital towns and cities do get a higher defensive bonus: a town will get the bonus of a city, and a city will get the bonus of a metro. I don't know about capital metros. (Note that the graphic for the city on the map reflects this.)

It's been years, and a quick search didn't turn anything up, but I *think* I remember the devs saying once that, while the art for the capital city was bumped up one from it's actual size (town/city/metro), it didn't get any special bonus. E.g., if it was size 6, it would look like a city, but receive a Town combat bonus.

Or I could be completely mistaken. :crazyeye:

Here is an old post by Tomoyo from this very thread on whether capitals get a higher defense bonus:

I did a quick test to see if a size 1 capital was considered a city.

50 Chinese warriors outside Moscow, defended by 50 Russian warriors, all regulars. Terrain is desert modified to be +0% defense. Chinese warriors dealt 106 hps of damage, while Russian warriors dealt 109 hps of damage. Chinese warriors won 24 battles, and Russian warriors won 26 battles. Chinese warriors promoted nine times. Russian warriors promoted nine times naturally, and once forced.

Capitals are towns no matter what they look like. :p

Join date is show in your pix on your post or you can click on the members name and see his profile. It has join date and post count.

Demogames are democracy games. That is some players create a team and vote on office holders and turn players. They start a game with other teams and usually pbem.

ok ive got a question do the AI send very large attacks in conquests im on chieftan (because im a complete noob) but when i played the vanilla version i never got many significant naval attaks and they never really sent any big groups of ground forces to "get me"but im worried about a rther large force of russian knights(well i would show you the screnshot but i cant figure out how to get the image to pop up here)

I guess the answer is a function of how the game progressed. I would expect that any nations that were allowed to remain free of war with you will eventually send a good size force. That is, ifit does not have to come overseas.

Naval attacks will be pitiful on Chief and won't be real robust, until you get to a much higher level.

Use the post reply button to make a post and you will see (scroll down) another button that says manage attachments. Follow the yellow brick road on that.

i dont see manage attachments the only thing that i se that hbas to do with picturs is the insert picture button and i have to enter a url (who even knows wth URL is anyway?) well i just found out that they are deciding to go through england and attack my colonies(actually they are just my 5 towns) that are keeping the AI civs relyant on me to give them resources:D they have to ASK IF THEY WANT TO MAKE ANY EARLY GUNPOWDER I MADE A TOWN NEXT TO I THINK ALL THE SALTPETER ON 1 continent.

i dont see manage attachments the only thing that i se that hbas to do with picturs is the insert picture button and i have to enter a url (who even knows wth URL is anyway?)

If you clicked "Post Reply" and not "Quick Reply", then you didn't scroll down far enough:
manage_attach.jpg

And the place for MultiPlayer discussion can be found here, our MP forum. ;)

:Di just bought Civ4 game of the year edition today :D
and it ran fine but then i tried to acess the multiplayer, it installed a patch. now when i try to play i get this error. this application has failed to start because D3DX9_32.DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. and i want to know what this means and how to find where to re-install the game iim looking in the civ4 folder already but i dont see it.:(
also sry about the double posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom