Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

This is about CFC: Why does the 'last edited by akbarthegreat' only appear sometimes and not always?

If you realize your mistake instantly, hit edit, and save, then it doesn't appear. If you leave the page, come back, and edit, it will show up. I think.

I think it depends on if someone else has read the message already. If no one has read it yet and you edit, it does not show the last edited by... message.

Not sure but this is what i think...

edit... I left the page, came back and edited

no edit timemark.. you're right or lying Maxwar :p

I was curious about something. When I am in game, I see "-12 Turns" at the top left of my screen. What does this mean and how do I fix it?

OK so this is how much gold per turn (gold/ turn) you are losing. Build stuff to get gold or lower your research rate for easy fixes

Is there a list somewhere of the times of all the war declarations in the WW2 sceanarios (with historical events turned on obviously)?

Look for a RL list, that should do

When you pop a goodie hut with your cultural border. Do you get the same increased reward chance as if you popped it with a scout? Or is it rather the same as with regular units?

I am fairly sure it is the increased reward chance as if you popped it with a scout.

Isn't the "Better Reward" just a 0% chance of hostiles?

I knew you'd say something like that MaxWar.

Cultural borders have nothing to do with it. However, any GH popped within eight tiles of your capital will not give barbs. You can pop it with a warrior if you like.

Hi.

What are the conditions for a diplomatic victory vote to occur?

In a SP game, I am the U.N. Secretary General (even though the building wasn't built by me) but when votes cames up there never is the "Diplomatic Victory" option.... any clue why?

The Diplomatic victory option is ON and all the options (no nukes, start wars, end wars) seem available except that one...

Hi.

What are the conditions for a diplomatic victory vote to occur?

In a SP game, I am the U.N. Secretary General (even though the building wasn't built by me) but when votes cames up there never is the "Diplomatic Victory" option.... any clue why?

The Diplomatic victory option is ON and all the options (no nukes, start wars, end wars) seem available except that one...
Are you in control of most of the world's population? If you have enough votes (check F8 screen -> Victories & Members) that you could win the Diplomatic victory alone, then it will not be an option until your population goes below that limit again. This was a slightly silly brute force fix made by Firaxis to the problem of people winning Diplo victory by themselves. A better solution would probably be requiring at least one other nation to vote for you, but oh well.

That seems the most likely scenario to me, but if it's not the case then please let me know. :)

What Lord Parkin said: if you have 75% of the population the screen comes up, but I don't know how you could achieve that, and not hit another VC.

Turn it off :D

Top Bottom