Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

I've tried to find out how to train experts in indian settlements with no sucsess.

You need to send a colonist, indentured servant or petty criminal to an Indian settlement. (with which you are not at war with).
Once the colonist in on the settlement tile click on 'live among the natives'. After a number of turns the colonist will exit the settlement as an expert. The number of turns depends on your leader, nationality, the number of already trained experts in that settlement and other modifiers.

Don't send more than three colonists in the same settlement since the training time gets very long. You can train multiple colonists at the same time in a settlement.

You can also 'wipe' the profession of a colonist, so he can go and learn a new skill. (there's a button).

Servants and criminals take longer to train. (1.5x, 2x approx.)

I keep researching forums for help on how to beat the default winning conditions in this game. Are there some simple (tips for tools:)) that could help me in winning this game on it's easiest setting?

One thing I dislike about this game is when the computer tells you that it is losing produce and insted of telling you directly it shows a symbol of the product it is losing. Much of the time I can not see or understand what product it is talking about.

What's the deal with shipping routes? They start at different places on the map, high and low on either side. Is there any way to control that route?

You mean the yellow travel to Europe tiles on the edges?
You cannot control them, it's best to settle as close on the eastern shore as possible to reduce the length of a trip.

You should have gotten a message in the upper right that says you've won an independence victory with the option of playing longer or ending the game.

Check the revolution advisor screen, it should say 0 to all units/artilery except Warships.
Or 0 Warships and no units in play.

You also need to click next turn after the victory conditions have been met.

If you only defeated the first wave you'll have to wait for the rest.

I'm playing the first time in civ4col and think I'm ready for revolution.
The REF screen tells the relation between my army and the REF.
I plan to draft dragoons after the revolution as my guns stockpile allows.

Do I have a chance?

Do I have a chance?

You most certainly do. I suggest you take the 'All Men are Free' option in your Constitution which gives you two free indentured servants in every colony. If you have 100 horses and 100 guns on hand you can immediately turn them into dragoons.

And the basic plant that I used, Is it good?

The plan was:

1) Establish 2 colonies.
2) Buy some guns and cannons to wipe out the indian cities and neighboring spanish colonies.
3) Build production infrastructure while expanding to 7 cities.
4) Build printing press in every city and newspapers in the large ones while the sold goods income went to buy tools, guns and horses (the cannons were now built locally).
5) Assign all non-food producers to town halls to raise rebel sentiment to 50% (it took 12 years) and declare.
6) Draft citizens into dragoons as the guns stock allow.

I didn't produce a single bell until stage 5.

I have been playing Colonization for several weeks now and enjoy it. A couple of days ago I downloaded an update from the internet. I don't know if this is related, but ever since I am unable to attack European settlements! Is there a place in the options or somewhere that may have inadvertently turned on? How do I get back to my joyfully offensive self? Help!

Bluejay

Welcome to the forum Blue Jay [party] :band: :popcorn: :beer:

The update introduced a mandatory 20-day period of peace between the European settlements. If you wait until day 21 you can attack them again.

Wow, who knew? Thanks for the tip dalgo. BTW, I'm from the 60+ generation and it just boggles my mind to get such quick and handy response from NZ! I have a friend up here in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, who is from Hamilton NZ. Small world, wot?

Hi All

I am new to Civ4: Colonization and i would like to know if it is posible to load 2 mods at the same time?

I am new to Civ4: Colonization and i would like to know if it is posible to load 2 mods at the same time?

No, you would have to merge them.
(Which usually requires modding skills.)

However some parts of some mods have sometimes been made modular. (It is pretty rare.)
(This would allow you to simply copy&paste some folders.)

This is however not possible with core logic (DLL).

No, you would have to merge them.
(Which usually requires modding skills.)

However some parts of some mods have sometimes been made modular. (It is pretty rare.)
(This would allow you to simply copy&paste some folders.)

This is however not possible with core logic (DLL).

Okay thanks

Can you see if thos 2 mods can be merge??
And plz tell me how to do it if they can ;)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14766
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12390

In advance thanks

Top Bottom