Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Can you see if thos 2 mods can be merge??

All mods can be merged if you have the appropriate skills. :thumbsup:

And plz tell me how to do it if they can ;)

Merging the XML.
Merging the graphics. (Copying folders.)
Merging the DLL. (C++ programming needed.)

The rest you will probably need to find out yourself. ;)
(Sorry, but I really do not have the time to do that for you.)

I've never had the patience to play out the revolution portion of CIV4:Colonization. Over a hundred troops just show up on my coast like lemmings and have to knocked off one by one. I find this stage of the game to be overly repetitive and not enjoyable. Are there others who feel this way?

To some extent I agree with you. There are a number of different facets to Colonization - initial exploration, trading, colony development, the Indian wars, attacks against other European powers and the final revolutionary war. Of all of these I find the final phase the least interesting, but only because I have used all the previous stages of the game to build up an unbeatable defence force.

Perhaps if the King was able to declare war on you and catch you with an underpowered home force then that final war would become a lot more exciting. :)

There are a number of different facets to Colonization - initial exploration, trading, colony development, the Indian wars, attacks against other European powers and the final revolutionary war.

I agree with your view of the differing phases of Colonization. I think all are enjoyable, with the exception of the revolution. I think this part of the game should be completely redesigned, perhaps with a few mini-game scenarios (perhaps somewhat similar to land battles in Sid Meier's Pirates or Sid Meier's Gettysburg). Each region of your country could have a mini-game battle to decide the momentum of the war in that area.

I haven't searched yet, but is there a thread for ideas for a new Colonization game?

I have written the Colonization development team at 2k games about producing another colonization game. As Im sure you probably know, Civ 4 Col is the result of heavy pressure from fans to develop another Colonization game.

I ask all current players to contact 2k games and request yet another Colonization game!

This is the reply sent to me by 2k games...

Raul G, Apr 18 05:59 (PDT):

Hey Andrew,
Thank you for contacting 2k Support, and many apologies for taking so long to get back to you. At the moment we have no information on any Colonization game coming out, but I will definitively tell our team that there is interest for another one."
http://www.facebook.com/2kgames
Best regards, and thanks for your support.
Raul G

You may contact 2k about making the next Colonization game at.... support@2k.com

Lets make it known that There is a huge fan base for this game and we'd love to see more done with the series! And feel it makes sense for 2k games to pursue the next
installment.

Thankyou TAC team for MANY hours of great games :)

Sorry for my noob question. I just got v3.03 of BtS and wanted to patch the latest version.

Is it possible to patch directly to v3.19 from v3.03 and skipping v3.13 and v3.17?

If this is possible, is there any difference between patching from v3.17 and from v3.03?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Sorry for my noob question. I just got v3.03 of BtS and wanted to patch the latest version.

Is it possible to patch directly to v3.19 from v3.03 and skipping v3.13 and v3.17?

If this is possible, is there any difference between patching from v3.17 and from v3.03?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Yes, just download and run the 3.19 patch.

Not that it is a problem, but this is actually the thread for Civ 4 Colonisation, and quite seperate game to Civ4. The thread for Civ4 is here.

Played a bunch of Civ but I just got this game about an hour ago and am a bit lost. How do I load treasure into my ship? I 'aint paying the king 50%!

If you've just started then you are probably not using a big enough ship. Only a galleon can carry treasure. Other than that you just load a treasure as for any other unit - either move it from land to the ship or use the action icons if it is in a port.

How many cities is recomended before you start a revolution

lol thanks

How PRECISELY does game speed affects the game , is it civ5 like ?
Thanks in advance !

I am playing a large map right now and I have no money to research because I have expanded too much too quickly.

So my question is what's better to build as improvements to deal with high maintenance costs, to cut down on costs, to create more gold? At this point in the game I can only build Markets or Courthouses so which improvement is better to make?

EDIT: Meant this for the regular Civ IV game, my mistake.

Hi! I have a question about buying goods in Europe in Civ4Col. Can I buy a consignment (party) of goods which consists of less than 100 items? In Colonization Classic I could press "Shift" and "+" or "Shift" and "-" to increase/decrease amount of goods I wanted to buy.

Can I do something like that in Civ4Col? Are there some hot keys for such feature?

Hi guys! Actually I'm having a game with Religion And Revolution (great mod!) but I can't get past Turn 752 (on Marathon) 'cause game freeze.
Since I like micro-management and trade (think I am a builder tipe-player :hammer2: ) the question is: does exist a way to play an INFINITE game of Colonization?
Hoping a response thanks!

@LordNibbl3r84:

Just wanted to mention, that Religion and Revolution has moved very very far from Colonization Vanilla.
So problems that might occur in RaR might not occur in Vanilla. (And vice versa.)

@LordNibbl3r84:

Just wanted to mention, that Religion and Revolution has moved very very far from Colonization Vanilla.
So problems that might occur in RaR might not occur in Vanilla. (And vice versa.)

Thanks Ray! Now I'm downloading RaR Extended and give it a try!

Top Bottom