1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Turner, Apr 23, 2009.

1. r16

r16 not deity

mods kinda help , in an 600 turn game ı can get up to 6 or 7 . And then one alone can also be sole success on the same exact map re-played .

edit : Oh , the issue is simultenous appearance . ı think that never happened to me .

2. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

It happened to me long ago, when I still played vanilla regularly, so it might've been unpatched C3C, but I even saw it happen with the Mongolians on Chieftain or Warlord once.

3. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Is it possible to get an SGL for techs you get for Theory of Evolution? And one for a free tech as a scientific tribe? Then you could theoretically get 4 in one turn... :D

4. darski

darski Regent in Training

I am pretty sure that there were no SGL's in Vanilla... unless you mean plain GL that could rush wonders and stuff in Vanilla.

5. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

'Vanilla', 'epic game', 'stuff I don't play anymore', it's all the same.

6. thetrooper

thetrooper Schweinhund

Nope

7. wazzzuup

wazzzuup track $tar

Hi guys, lost my civ 4 disk and im to lazy to get a new one (i eventually will) so im trying out civ3: so are there any "BUG" mods like in civ 4 for civ 3 and are there guides written like Sisiutil's(from civ4) for civ3 or any stating advice you can give me? Also what are some good mods/scenarios for civ3?

Thanks guys!!:thanx:

P.S. i have civ 3 complete

8. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

Yet again, I must recommene Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire (you're shoehorned into following Rome's history), the Rood and the Dragon (Celts, Vikings, Saxons, what not), the Classical Maya by The Last Conformist, Rise and Fall of the Mughals, Storm Over Europe, Twilight of Byzantium, Plot's African scenario (can't remember the name), TAM a.k.a. The Ancient Mediterranean, Rhye's of Civilisation…
    And if you're more fantastically-minded, Battle for New York, the Escape from Zombie Island scenarios, the Playground mods, etc. etc.

9. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

The "BUG Mod" for Civ3 is a separate program called CivAssist II.

10. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

As always, the anarchist disregards my well-established authority, following my very nature.

But it's a good tip, too. ;)

11. r16

r16 not deity

last night ı was playing and was surprised to see the pop-up that declares obsolute wonders was no longer there . Say you discover Flight and it declares Colossus is now off . Is my game going down the drain or did ı click on some button and the pop-up is no more ? If it's a button , which one ?

12. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

In my experience, not every single wonder's becoming obsolete is announced, but I know the vanilla tech tree pretty much by heart so I don't much care anymore.

13. darski

It's been my experience that I only get notices for wonders I own.

14. r16

r16 not deity

ı am playing a mod where you get your settlers from a small wonder until you discover Writing and it would say no more settlers , but it doesn't do it now . If this is an indication of some virus or something ı would like to know for some sweeping early on before the entire computer goes down . If it's a button then ı would like to correct it ; because it gives me creeps .

15. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

Nah, not a virus. Civ3 is quite buggy, that's all.

16. Lanzelot

It happened already twice to me in the last couple of weeks, that the "Unit Action Buttons" suddenly moved from the bottom of the screen to the right hand side. Looked pretty awkward. I have no idea, what caused it and I tried everything in-game I could think of to move them back to the bottom, to no avail... When I saved, quit the game and started it up again, everything was back to normal...

(I think it always happened when I went away from the game for a while and the screensaver kicked in. When I came back to the computer and wanted to continue the game, it was in that funny state. Perhaps the screensaver confused the game's graphics system, DirectX or whatever.)

17. darski

usually hitting the backspace key will shift the unit action buttons

18. r16

r16 not deity

ah that scared me as well when it first happened . Had to try every button on the keyboard .

19. Lanzelot

Thanks! :hatsoff:
    I'm sure it'll do that to me again, but now I'm prepared... :trouble:

20. Theov

Theov Deity

the Roman conquest is cool. try different countries.
    The Age of Discovery is also cool.

Someone made a scenario of WWII - it was the Civ2 scenario, but he transformed it to Civ3. That one is pretty good.

For the rest, try some earth maps.
    The first post in the tread below contains the original one. I've made small adjustments that I like... see which one you like more.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=12503953#post12503953