1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Turner, Apr 23, 2009.

1. maverick73099

maverick73099 Chieftain

Thank you i seem to have gotten the issue worked out. the file was all correct none of the infamous extra spaces that seem to generally be the cause of this and the unit was in the main art file. i found copying and pasting said unit into the conquest art file seems to have corrected the issue. if thats the case it is likely i may have to move other units art there later as i play through to confirm the fix.

2. darski

darski Regent in Training

CCM still has a problem with a misnamed file. Can't remember what it was now but it is a known problem. I can never find the problem=solution in the CCM thread.

3. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Your posts would be far easier to read if you employed proper capitalisation and punctuation instead of posting in the style of regular YouTube user comments.

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Well many people are playing CCM just fine, so it can be installed properly.

5. darski

It installed but when I tried to play I got the "Angor Wak" (or something like that) missing. I tried finding the fix in the CCM thread but never did find it. Kept getting impatient.

6. Takhisis

I have a separate Angkor Wat somewhere, d'you need it?

7. darski

I just need the correct spelling of the item in the game. it is a text error; not a file error.

8. Takhisis

Oh. *reminds himself once again not to post after a certain time of night*

9. maverick73099

maverick73099 Chieftain

well it seems i didnt get the issue fixed it popped up with the infantry unit and repeating my actions from the swordman does not seem to be helping resolve the issue so i dont know what to do. the one fix that is agreed upon seems to be removing the link in the ini to the wav files. but nobody leaves a step by step explanation to doing this for those of us that are new to all this. guess they expect everyone to be a computer tech and know exactly what they are doing. sadly the mod designer cant really help as he abandoned civ 3 long ago :(

10. Scandal

Scandal Chieftain

Do Pyramids pay the upkeep for granaries you had already built by the time you completed it?

11. Lord Emsworth

Lord Emsworth Emperor

Yes, they do. You can even still sell the granaries you had built.

12. Kirejara

Kirejara King

Yes, the Pyramids will take over the maintenance for allready existing granaries. You may even sell your "real" granaries. ;)

The same applies to the other improvement creating Wonders, like Sun Tzu Arts of War, Temple of Artemis and so on.

13. r16

r16 not deity

my 9 year old computer kinda died on me . Thanks to my Mother ı do have a brand new laptop which naturally refuses to use the entire file structure previously saved . Actually went as far as creating a smaller and empty screen in the game resolution . Possibly can't handle that unless there are boxes ı could tick ? Any guides for the Windows8 users ?

otherwise it would be Steam where the game was 5 $ last night . How does that work ? Do ı get a small installer that loads the game one file by one file , or is it a big rar or the like that ı can carry home from a web cafe ?

14. Kirejara

Kirejara King

I have got a maybee stupid question again. :rolleyes:

How do I cancel a contract of mutual protection and/or right of passage after 20 or more rounds?

I have not found an option in the diplomatic dialoge to do so, but the KI is obviously able to cancel them.

Thanks!

15. Etain

Etain Warlord

16. Moosezilla

Moosezilla Grognard Warlord

At the bottom of each diplo screen is a toggle to show active deals, when it shows after 20 turns, click on the deal and do not agree.

17. Sharpe11

Sharpe11 Chieftain

I was wondering if someone could help please. I recently found a copy of civ3 which I bought ages ago but when I tried installing it, it keeps on coming up with access denied when it comes to installing art related files and therefore terminates the installation. Can anyone help in how I could resolve this problem please as ideally I don't want to buy the game again. Thanks

18. Abegweit

Abegweit Anarchist trader

Are you attempting this on Windows Vista, 7 or 8? If so, you may have to right-click on the installation program and select "Run As Administrator". Changing the target folder might also work. If all else fails, this works just fine. I have it. Only 12 bucks.

19. walletta

walletta King

Couple of questions:

1 is there a way of knowing how long before a city is going to do a culture flip, yours or theirs?

2 is there a known probability for successfully planting a spy and are some Civs more resistant to spy planting than others (I am repeatedly trying and failing to plant spies with the Iroqouis and the Maya right now and it seems to me that if it were just a matter of chance I would have succeeded by now)?

20. Etain

Etain Warlord